lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2007, 12:56 PM   #1
MONST3REN3RGY
Not Yet Wild

Default Questions

Hello, i am new to the forum, and i have a few questions concerning my cart. I have a EZGO txt, not sure which year, i got it for free, it needs to be rebuilt, because of some dumbass who hijaked it and drove it off a dock into the water lol. There is no water dammage to the engine at all. BUT, the rear axel is all locked up and the clutch is rusted and the starter is junk i have a vid of it on youtube so you can get an idea of what it looks like. I took the body off and am going to paint it at a friends shop, put a lift-kit, chrome wheels, two subs which are in the video, cd-deck in the dash,a nd two copnent speakers near the foward/reverse lever, and am planing to make a custom exhaust at the shop. MY QUESTIONS
-I saw a video of nononoezgo's txt maxin out, but i dont know what he means by puting a golf tee in his carb, does he mean taking the govenor off? because i want to make mine fast.
-Has anyone installed a "clutch kit" which make the cart start and idle when you turn the key?
-Give me some ideas on how to make it fast, and torquey.
My video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giaui8SGcm4
My information
-email= nickserbst@gmail.com
-AIM= MONST3REN3RGY

please message me or something cuz i have planed out a bad *** golf cart and i wudnt mind hearing some peoples opinons and soforth.
NICK SERBST
MONST3REN3RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2007, 01:25 PM   #2
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Default Re: Questions

The tee in the carburetor trick is just a temporary thing to max them out. On the older TXTs, you can push the butterfly control on the outside of the carburetor down to the "WOT" position, and stick a golf tee between that and the air intake box. That way, it holds the butterfly open no matter what. BUT, you only have that speed. There is no variation.

On your transaxle, there is a governor on top. Run the 10mm nut as tight as it will go without running over the RPM limiter.

If you're planning to go that fast, get a good lift kit and HD springs. They get sqirrelly up that high.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO