lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2019, 07:45 AM   #61
boosted230
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2016 club car and the Subaru efi questions....?

Here is a video of a little ride through the neighborhood..
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=3RRlsXDxnLs
boosted230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2019, 07:43 PM   #62
strubby
Not Yet Wild

Saw your gear photos, thanks for sharing that.

I was going to build a Yamaha EFI from a used fleet model but now I'm thinking about starting with a new Precedent EFI. How are you guys liking these carts? Anyone have experience with both the Yami and the CC? I can't find a single used CC EFI for sale, and even new Precedent models are hard to find.

Sold my 48V Precedent today, so it's time to start a project.
strubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 02:23 PM   #63
boosted230
Not Yet Wild

I’ve only driven a few Yamahas. They are very nice, however I was not really a fan of the way their rear end is designed. With the brakes inside and such. I am much more familiar with the club car brand only because I’ve worked on them for years.. as far as the club car efi carts, I love mine.. I’m approaching 200 hours and it’s been great so far!
Old 03-05-2019, 02:09 PM   #64
suts onward
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I'm getting conflicting information? I called buggies Unlimited where I bought the high speed cable to see if i could get a schematic for installation and the teck i talked to said the high speed cable is what CC calls the stock cable, so the one I got is identical to the one in my 2017 CC Onboard with the Subaru engine??
I have already used the Zip tie method and am getting about 24 MPG which is fine, but take off is a bit jerky.
Thoughts. Thanks John
suts onward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 08:18 PM   #65
FloridaCart
Getting Wild
Club Car

I've install a few of the ( high Speed ) cables. The only difference is the spring is shorter. Its a pretty simple task. just look at how factory cable is run and replace with new. It should get rid of some of your jerkiness. Good Luck....
FloridaCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 11:07 AM   #66
Clubin
Not Yet Wild

Hate to beat a dead horse hear, but can anyone with the zip tie installed post a pic of it for those of us that haven't seen it?
Clubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 11:25 PM   #67
mckittrick.joe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clubin View Post
Hate to beat a dead horse hear, but can anyone with the zip tie installed post a pic of it for those of us that haven't seen it?
Google club car zip tie pics
mckittrick.joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 08:42 PM   #68
karylen2@bigpond.com
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted230 View Post
Hey guys, been around a while but having trouble finding any good info on the new club car gas models. It seems they not only changed the engine but the rear end too! My question is, it says this engine makes its power at 3600rpm, so does that mean in the cart we can get it to that rpm by just tweakin some sensors and throttle cable? Also because that rpm is higher than the old fe350's with their 2700 rpm limit, does that mean the rear end gear ratio is different than the usual 12:1. The rear end looks different that's why I ask. My end goal here is to make it fast , 6:1 gears with machined front and rear clutches. Also, any info on how these carts with the efi engines are doing problem wise would be great.. I kinda feel left in the dark with all these changes...
All you have to do is have a look under the floor and adjust the Throttle Cable, thats all I did and it now flys along
karylen2@bigpond.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 08:48 PM   #69
boosted230
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by karylen2@bigpond.com View Post
All you have to do is have a look under the floor and adjust the Throttle Cable, thats all I did and it now flys along
Lol.. that post was quite old.. since then I’ve had a 2017 limo, installed high speed gears and with the gboost belt was running 35mph. I put over 500 hours on that bad boy then sold it.. this is my new addition!! 2021 gas onward.. bypassed the rear end governor and got her running 30mph.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20A37B43-F3C8-4F3B-BE32-65B5B77665AD.jpg (253.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-18-2024, 10:21 AM   #70
GallowayClubCar
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Boosted230…when u did the gears and split the cases, did u leave the axles and tubes on each case ? I just bought a set of gears from Apache Gear (8:1) and are planning to do the install. Thanks
GallowayClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car