lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2019, 09:17 AM   #91
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 05 CC Precedent 14 cell Leaf Lithium conversion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
Good to hear [emoji106]

You could probably get closer to 45 miles taking the pack down to 3.25 volts/ cell but I understand keep the longevity of the pack in mind. Really though; what's 45 miles when you're already getting 37???

Thanks for the update.
We have over 95 miles of cart legal roads and paths with tunnels and bridges crossing the major roads we can't go onto. Until they get the bridges built over the Turnpike to the new section later this year the furthest point for me is 12.5 miles one way. If that's not enough then I can always stop for a cold beverage and plug in for an hour... life is good.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-18-2019, 09:34 AM   #92
jacef8
Getting Wild

Does anyone have any videos of their lithium setup? Some times it's easier for some of us to visually see the things being discussed and how they are all connected vs just reading about it. Also I'd love to see any videos of the cart after the lithium swap, to see how it is performing. I'm planning a lithium swap into my 2005 CC Precedent. It has been modified from top to bottom. Torque motor, hd solenoid, controller, 23" tires.....
jacef8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 03:54 PM   #93
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacef8 View Post
Does anyone have any videos of their lithium setup? Some times it's easier for some of us to visually see the things being discussed and how they are all connected vs just reading about it. Also I'd love to see any videos of the cart after the lithium swap, to see how it is performing. I'm planning a lithium swap into my 2005 CC Precedent. It has been modified from top to bottom. Torque motor, hd solenoid, controller, 23" tires.....
I love to do research at YouTube University as much as the next guy but its easier for me to snap a hundred pictures during the course of a day or week and go back and edit and document the process than trying do a video production and work while messing with the narration. Its also easier for me to go back and do a step by step with written steps. Just my .02.

Old 11-19-2019, 04:08 PM   #94
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think this forum does a great job of covering lithium. I dont think a step by step should be readily available. You need to understand why your connecting this and that. Ask Ron Manns or even Scotty B how many fried controllers they have seen when people install them themselves. Those even come with step by step instructions. It's too easy for mistakes to be made when follow directions written by someone else. The best thing anyone can do when it comes to lithium is read. Read every thread you can find. All the information is there. Zeva.com.au has some good lithium info.

Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 04:24 PM   #95
jacef8
Getting Wild

No I wasn't asking for a step by step video. Just a quick little video after it was completed pointing out "this is my pack, this is my hv cut off, this is my lv cut off, this is how they are connected, this is how I connected my bms...." Just so that visual folks like me can get an idea of the sizes of the components, battery tub modification and layout ideas, wiring routing.....

No big deal if you can't or don't want to. Just thought I'd ask.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
jacef8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 12:51 PM   #96
gman@engineer.com
Not Yet Wild

Where did you get your schematic for the hookup of BMS to leaf batteries. It was on the wall behind your battery as you put it together.
gman@engineer.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 02:24 PM   #97
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman@engineer.com View Post
Where did you get your schematic for the hookup of BMS to leaf batteries. It was on the wall behind your battery as you put it together.
What configuration and BMS are you using? Is gman@engineer.com your email? I can send you a pdf copy.

I believe that there are a already a couple of different ones posted in the DIY 101 thread.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/all-t...hium-pack.html

Old 03-23-2020, 02:22 PM   #98
gman@engineer.com
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCJEFE View Post
What configuration and BMS are you using? Is gman@engineer.com your email? I can send you a pdf copy.

I believe that there are a already a couple of different ones posted in the DIY 101 thread.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/all-t...hium-pack.html

Yes that is my email. I did find the PDF from Pinkeye. I will email him. It appeared you guys were talking about changes to the drawing for LV and HV. Maybe that is when the wiring did not work. Sorry for late response, I have not figured out forum yet. Do you like the BMS or would you use a different one. Orion or Chargery or AntBMS
gman@engineer.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car