lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2019, 04:55 PM   #11
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Anyone know anything about this lithium seller?

I would spend that much on new batteries if I new they were good. But, it's like I told the guy, how do I know? There's no brand. There's no store. If something goes bad a year from now, then what? Of course, he promised to replace inside a 3 year warranty, but without any history, how do I know the warranty service? The guy may be great guy and probably is, but if I'm dropping that much cash, i want to be sure.
MyCousinVinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2019, 07:36 PM   #12
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCousinVinnie View Post
I would spend that much on new batteries if I new they were good. But, it's like I told the guy, how do I know? There's no brand. There's no store. If something goes bad a year from now, then what? Of course, he promised to replace inside a 3 year warranty, but without any history, how do I know the warranty service? The guy may be great guy and probably is, but if I'm dropping that much cash, i want to be sure.
Ah, the tortured lament of the early adopters....

Manup. Someone's got to lead the way!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 09:33 AM   #13
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
You don't. OTOH you also don't know where Trojan battery will be in 3 or 5 years. Trojan was just bot out and likely with the intent and forecast that it will continue to be a profitable business. Trojan obviously sees the future in lithium as they just introduced their first lithium batts.

But if actual use gets them in trouble and out of business or bankrupt.....where's your warranty then?
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 08:53 PM   #14
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The first batteries you listed showed 100ah, but it said they charge to 4.4v. I thought that chemistry was good to 4.2v. If they overcharge to 4.4v it'll falsely increase the perceived ah capacity while dramatically reducing lifespan. Unless it is a different chemistry that is actually good for 4.4v.

The second batteries you showed had no BMS (since a BMS needs to balance the cells), so you will need to verify the batteries are exceedingly well balanced and then monitor the Voltage independently or add an external BMS. Adding the BMS is really one of the more complex parts of wiring up a pack... If it isn't saving you that effort then I don't get the value.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 03:30 PM   #15
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

I reread an old post on here about converting to lithium and found a post from sunking about a couple of different options. One of them was electric car parts company so I called them up. Seemingly Knowledgeable guy answered the phone. He suggested a battery named fortune

The info is here

Since it is for a hunting cart he suggested I may need the 60ah batts because of the 10c rating. I didn’t get to discuss that with him but now I’m wondering about it. I’ve googled what I can on it but still not following it. What’s a simple explanation? It would save a good bit of cash to buy the 100 ah 6c set instead of two 60ah 10c set

Again I’m coming off of 8 six volt Trojan 105s or will be son as they are six years old and fading.

Thanks for any info you can give.
Old 02-03-2019, 04:42 PM   #16
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
I don't know anything about either of these specifically. However, the second link you posted, seems awfully expensive. Those are "recycled" EV batteries. You can find leaf batteries that would also be "recycled" and charger for less.

azlithium on ebay sells them. I got mine from that seller and believe DaveTM also got his from that seller if I remember right.
Same here so far so good! I would buy from him again!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 07:35 PM   #17
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

So I found some more internet stuff on c-ratings. If I understand it correctly it has to do with how many amps can be drawn from the battery. A 100ah 6c can draw 600 safely if I understand correctly. So, that’s the same as a 60ah battery at 10c? But what if you put them in parallel? Doesn’t seem like it would increase but I don’t know. Thanks
Old 02-04-2019, 09:41 AM   #18
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Parallel combination will double the safe current but not the C rating because you also double the capacity. (so C rating which is current / capacity stays the same)
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 12:45 PM   #19
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Since it is for a hunting cart he suggested I may need the 60ah batts because of the 10c rating. I didn’t get to discuss that with him but now I’m wondering about it. I’ve googled what I can on it but still not following it. What’s a simple explanation? It would save a good bit of cash to buy the 100 ah 6c set instead of two 60ah 10c set
100ah at 6C means it can safely have a 600 amp load on the cells. I don't know what the time duration is on that, but it should be fine for a cart.
60ah at 10C means it can safely have a 600 amp load on the cells... You multiply the C rating by the Ah.

But, more ah will give you more range. Since you are working with a hunting cart you'll probably want range too... For this reason alone I would think you'd want 100ah or more. Maybe there is some other reason he recommended the 60ah cells?

Is your controller 36v or 48v?

If your cart is 36v and these cells say they are good fro 3.0 to 3.65v, you can use an 11S (11 cells in series) pack that's 33.0v when dead to 40.15v when at max. On a 36v pack with US Battery normally full charge is 38.5v (or 38.2v for Trojan). If you only charge the lithium to 3.6vpc instead of 3.65 you'll have a 39.6v lithum pack at 11S which should work fine on your stock controller.

My lithium pack is a different chemistry than the cells you showed here. But in general Lithium doesn't like to be overcharged or stored at max charge for any length of time. Lithium also does very poorly with over discharging and any serious heat.

Good luck! It'll be interesting to see what you come up with and how your conversion progresses.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 01:01 PM   #20
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I use my cart for hunting. The last time I connected my Alltrax controller to a laptop and went on a ride, the most amps it pulled from my batt's was 478....and that was going up a very steep hill...and when I got near the top the front wheels were off the ground. (Wheelie)

I have the 7 module leaf setup. I would say with a max draw of 600 amps you would be good to go.

MHO

(Remember.....my opinion and $1.25 may get you a coffee at the local gas station)
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car