lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-17-2020, 12:02 PM   #1
yubakram
Not Yet Wild

Default New Icon owner - what accessories should I have installed?

Hello all Icon owners,

We have our new i40 Icon being built in Goodyear this week for delivery after Thanksgiving and wonder what other owners have installed or wish they had installed while being built.

Your responses and time are much appreciated.

M
yubakram is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-17-2020, 01:49 PM   #2
ATrain
Gone Wild

Default Re: New Icon owner - what accessories should I have installed?

From the factory, my regret was not having street tires since I'm driving on the street. The bigger off road tires look cool, but it would drive better on street tires.

I like the big horizontal mirror across the top over the side mirrors because the sides get bumped all the time and are in the way. That's just personal preference though.

I'm not sure what other options they offer from the factory, but rear facing seat if you don't have one.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 04:28 PM   #3
yubakram
Not Yet Wild

Thanks ATrain! This model will have the rear facing seat. The accessories that come as standard are nice, but wondering after owners received their unit, what did they add. I have called Icon and asked for an accessory list and they push you back to the local dealer. The local dealer state they can add anything you want...i.e., speakers, undercarriage lights, glove box, kill switch, mirrors, etc.. but can't provide a list. So, it looks like one has to try things on your own or pay the 'going price' for the dealer to install. I assume that since Icon is fairly new that OEM and aftermarket parts are not in the wild yet..
yubakram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 04:51 PM   #4
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yubakram View Post
Thanks ATrain! This model will have the rear facing seat. The accessories that come as standard are nice, but wondering after owners received their unit, what did they add. I have called Icon and asked for an accessory list and they push you back to the local dealer. The local dealer state they can add anything you want...i.e., speakers, undercarriage lights, glove box, kill switch, mirrors, etc.. but can't provide a list. So, it looks like one has to try things on your own or pay the 'going price' for the dealer to install. I assume that since Icon is fairly new that OEM and aftermarket parts are not in the wild yet..
Gotcha. From the factory, if you want, I'd try for street tires if you plan on driving on the street.

Additions from the dealership are things you can choose to do yourself or have the dealer do it...but I don't believe the dealership has any special inventory.

For my personal additions, I've added big speakers with bluetooth and wired it all in. If I were to do it again, I'd go with one of these. I specifically like EcoXGear:

https://ecoxgear.com/shop/soundextreme

Safe to put keys/wallet/etc in when I'm at the beach. I've honestly never once used it though. I got this one and I put it under the seat of my I60L and it comes with a cable. I planned to mount it but since I really don't use it...eeh the cable is fine.

Then I wired in LED lighting for under the roof and under the body to make it easier to see at night. Plus it makes it feel a little more lively at night when it's not pitch black in your set. I got this set and I didn't bother with the phone-app part. I just use the buttons on the device.

On my I60L, I put a backup camera. That's more complicated so if anyone wants details on that I can provide. I had to buy a few special parts to mount everything without making a crazy contraption.

I added a GPS unit to my cart (this one) so I can track it if somebody stole it. The cheapest service I could find was USMobile and it costs me around $6/mo.

Beyond that, I can't really think of much more I'd like to add? Rear cupholders is one thing I was thinking next. I was just going to get something off the shelf for that.

I made some permanent rope with thimbles and a carabiner so I could quickly clip my dog in/out when I take her on rides. I have it connected to the bars on the back of the driver's seat.

Any other cool additions I'm open for, but pretty good as it is. One guy had locking glove boxes for his ICON. He used a Yamaha dash to do it. The only issue is you lose extra switch spots if you plan to add switches for anything. I added a switch for my lights so I can turn on/off.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon