lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-22-2021, 06:56 PM   #21
Dawgman25
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2022 ICON Motor Controller

I'll get more info tomorrow. They got a ton of new carts and the owner is playing Santa right now. He did mention when speaking directly with ICON that the tablet they typically use for programming would not work and they would have to use an older tablet. So maybe on older NEOS program perhaps?

Don't want to confuse anyone or waste time, I'll post more hopefully tomorrow. I will say he was quite surprised as a dealer not to have any of this info and hear it from a customer first.
Dawgman25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2021, 08:08 AM   #22
BobInDaytona
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATrain View Post

If ICON recognized this issue and determined there was no easy way around it, they may have added the 4th CANBUS pin (CAN_V+), which takes 7v-13v and is used to provide external power to the CANBUS device (controller).
Where would the 7-13V come from that hasn't been cut off by the BMS?
BobInDaytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 01:12 PM   #23
Dawgman25
Not Yet Wild

I got some info that the same connectors work, but CANBUS does not detect anything. Doesn't even light up red or green. My dealer mentioned something similar when he said he had to revert to using an old tablet to run things. So far, seems like the cable is fine, another version of NEOS is needed, and maybe the CANBUS works with the older version. More to come.
Dawgman25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 09:44 PM   #24
robertmII
Not Yet Wild

My dealer can’t program either. Hoping to have solution from Iconic next week.
robertmII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 02:01 PM   #25
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInDaytona View Post
Where would the 7-13V come from that hasn't been cut off by the BMS?
I was thinking that could just be some random rechargeable battery to ensure constant controller power. It doesn't make sense though unless it was a "hack".

I just looked at the controller wiring harness and I don't see anywhere it could be wired to either.

It seems like ICON may have got Toyota to make a modified version of their 350/450amp controllers...which is not too unusual. This is purely speculation though. If NEOS still works (or will work) and there truly is a 4th wire, then that's what I'd guess.

It just means we need to get a copy of the newest software and figure out the new pinout for the updated controller.

Seems like a pretty major change though...I'd think we'd have heard more about it by now, but maybe not?
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 02:52 PM   #26
BobInDaytona
Getting Wild

As time goes on, more and more people will have newer carts, over time they may find this forum, and that's when we may get more info.
I am going through the exact same thing with Evolution carts - they did the same thing for 2022...
BobInDaytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 09:13 PM   #27
Richigou27
Not Yet Wild

I just bought a navitas motor controller for my new Icon i40; I opened up the back cart access cover and took off the motor cover to find out what you guys described. New motor controller in there. Sticker says Icon but made by LVTONG. LVTONG makes motor controllers, Icon uses them to make their private labeled controller. They have a different wiring harness than the neos. So my new controller won’t work with the new icon.

Not sure what to do. An adapter?

Also someone had mentioned what happens when lithium battery shuts off power to cart. I installed a lithium battery that had a bms that was rated too low for the controllers amperage and it shut down the batteries. It was a hard stop but it didn’t launch us either.
Richigou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 09:16 PM   #28
Richigou27
Not Yet Wild

Here are a couple pictures if the new icon harness and the controller label
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B50007BB-57E1-4666-BE2C-CA3163F48D7E.jpg (17.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg BF215937-C398-4DAE-A91C-57359EE86CB2.jpg (19.1 KB, 0 views)
Richigou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 11:46 PM   #29
linuxkidd
Not Yet Wild

I'm pretty sure the entire golf cart is made by LVTONG, and just has some icon labels stuck on it. The motor controller does have the 'Icon' text molded into the plastic, but it's still made by LVTONG.

The LVTONG LT-A617.2+2 ( Icon I40 equivalent )

More pix of the Icon controller attached...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Icon Controller - 1.jpg (154.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Icon Controller - 2.jpg (168.4 KB, 0 views)
linuxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 09:37 PM   #30
outdoorind
Not Yet Wild

Just picked up my first 2022 I40L today and that's not exactly what my controller looks like.
Went digging to see what I could find until we hear back from Icon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20220226_015749635.jpg (200.5 KB, 0 views)
outdoorind is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon