lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2022, 09:07 AM   #21
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Re: Extreme Team Battery Shutting down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerdude77 View Post
Thanks Pat! That saves me a lot of time and work! I must say it's surprising that 50* weather could cause these issues but at least I know how to avoid being stranded now. If I can solve all this with a heated blanket laying on top and down the sides then I can work with that. Just gotta wire up a 12v outlet of some sort under the seat, shouldn't be that hard.
Found this 12V heating blanket that might work:
https://www.amazon.com/Electric-Blan...95&sr=1-3&th=1
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-04-2022, 10:17 AM   #22
Beerdude77
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonr3 View Post
Found this 12V heating blanket that might work:
https://www.amazon.com/Electric-Blan...95&sr=1-3&th=1
Awesome man, thanks! Looks perfect. Any reason I couldn't drive around with this hooked up and turned on draped over the battery?
Beerdude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 11:53 AM   #23
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerdude77 View Post
Awesome man, thanks! Looks perfect. Any reason I couldn't drive around with this hooked up and turned on draped over the battery?
That's what I was thinking. It doesn't say how much the current draw is, but I wouldn't think it would be a lot, especially since it's designed to run off of a 12V car battery.
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 12:30 PM   #24
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

You have to dig for it but the wattage is 45 watts.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 01:18 PM   #25
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

That isn't going to do much heating without insulation. 45 W is peanuts.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 11:02 PM   #26
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

How about an infrared heat lamp? These don't warm the air but might heat the battery nicely without getting it too hot.

Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 09:24 AM   #27
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Back in the early 70's I had a Honda motorcycle that would not start in cold weather. I put a 100W light bulb under the motor to warm it enough to get it started. I'm not sure what to suggest for a heater for a battery. The center of mass is a long way from the outside edges and you have no insulation around it.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 10:16 AM   #28
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

If all ET batteries are shutting down or becoming undependable at around 40 degrees, that's a big problem. People up here still GOLF at those temps as long as it nice out. While one can build an insulated box with a heating method for what would be like 7 months up here, it is not ideal and would need to include proper thermal safety switches to reduce the risk of fire if the thermostats fail. Better for Extreme to design a "year round version" with the heating element[s] on the INSIDE of the case, where they are most efficient and a fitted, insulated winter "jacket" for the owner to install once the weather gets cold for good.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 12:04 PM   #29
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
It definitely did not reach the max current load of 350amps or continuous max of 300amp during this shut off. I was literally coasting with no acceleration on the pedal.
Here is a different line of thought on the cold weather shutdowns. I was reading that during cold weather Tesla limits Regen. Since you said that you were coasting when it shut off maybe you could solve your problem by lowering your regen settings. Of course, you may have already eliminated your need to reduce regen by heating the battery.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 01:03 PM   #30
Beerdude77
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
Here is a different line of thought on the cold weather shutdowns. I was reading that during cold weather Tesla limits Regen. Since you said that you were coasting when it shut off maybe you could solve your problem by lowering your regen settings. Of course, you may have already eliminated your need to reduce regen by heating the battery.
You know, that thought crossed my mind too. The regen is only set to like 8% on the Navitas app though. It's cold today, I'll try turning it to zero and report back
Beerdude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car