lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2022, 03:25 PM   #1
The Spoon
Not Yet Wild

Default Epic Cart - Anyone?

Epic's website says they are affiliated with Icon, so until a sub is created for Epic, I guess I'll have to post here.

Anyone own one or even seen/driven one?

The Epic is touted to be the Luxo brand of the Icon "family". Not my words, theirs.

I have to admit it does have an impressive list of features.
Only questions are: will they be able to deliver, and will they last?

So far, I have only seen pixels.
The Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2022, 03:26 PM   #2
stevet61
Getting Wild

Default Re: Epic Cart - Anyone?

Welcome
stevet61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 04:15 AM   #3
HoleIn12
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spoon View Post
Epic's website says they are affiliated with Icon, so until a sub is created for Epic, I guess I'll have to post here.

Anyone own one or even seen/driven one?

The Epic is touted to be the Luxo brand of the Icon "family". Not my words, theirs.

I have to admit it does have an impressive list of features.
Only questions are: will they be able to deliver, and will they last?

So far, I have only seen pixels.
These pics were at my icon superstore a couple of weeks back. It was nice, real nice. I really liked the seats and the CF dash. I have the shiny cheap plastic CF dash on mine to where this was better quality and Matte finish. I do like the over all body on the icon over the epic. For the extra $$, I may have done the epic over the icon had they had it at the time.
HoleIn12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 06:58 AM   #4
repsolracer22
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

6 seaters available?
repsolracer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 08:54 AM   #5
jeffahfah
Getting Wild

you can upgrade the seats of an Icon golf cart (not just covers) for around $500-700 (4 seater) depending on options and in my opinion changes the whole ride quality.

Essentially most of the stuff that comes standard on an Epic cart is an option from ICON save for the curtis controller and seats so it's a matter of which is cheaper.

Would be interested to know if the Epic's have camber adjustable suspension, that would be a key distinction if so.
jeffahfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 01:51 PM   #6
The Spoon
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoleIn12 View Post
These pics were at my icon superstore a couple of weeks back. It was nice, real nice. I really liked the seats and the CF dash. I have the shiny cheap plastic CF dash on mine to where this was better quality and Matte finish. I do like the over all body on the icon over the epic. For the extra $$, I may have done the epic over the icon had they had it at the time.
Thanks for the photos.

Pros: Those seats are very nice compared to every other mfgs. stock seats. Unlike Icon's the instrument display is angled for proper viewing, IMO. The Icon's is subject to being washed out by sunlight, at least in my brief rides.

Cons: The carbon fiber (?) "pinstripe-suit" dash is very busy and dizziness inducing, to me at least. Acquired taste, etc...

Overall: The cart looks feature rich. Only time will tell whether it holds it's value.
Old 08-21-2022, 02:19 PM   #7
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

LVTong has sent us many "brands", many have gone away quickly. I've been of the understanding that if you buy enough at a time they'll build them with any brand name you come up with. Most all have been loaded with extras to make them DOT compliant as LSVs. Good value till something breaks and parts are unavailable or a special order from China away. ICON's importers ( yes they do some final assembly here so they can claim Made In USA) have worked to expand their dealer network and with that the parts and service availability. I'll give it a few more years tillI declare them successful.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 03:33 AM   #8
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
LVTong has sent us many "brands", many have gone away quickly. I've been of the understanding that if you buy enough at a time they'll build them with any brand name you come up with. Most all have been loaded with extras to make them DOT compliant as LSVs. Good value till something breaks and parts are unavailable or a special order from China away. ICON's importers ( yes they do some final assembly here so they can claim Made In USA) have worked to expand their dealer network and with that the parts and service availability. I'll give it a few more years tillI declare them successful.
Lvtong does not build the epics. They are built by marshell and imported same manner you mentioned though…
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 06:00 AM   #9
jeffahfah
Getting Wild

I keep hearing similar comments in my neighborhood. "You'll see in a couple years"... it's been a few of those now.
jeffahfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 08:10 AM   #10
The Spoon
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
Lvtong does not build the epics. They are built by marshell and imported same manner you mentioned though…
A quick perusal of Marshell's site reveals that they offer a ONE YEAR (non, IMO) warranty to the dealer. Emphasis added is mine.

To whit:
Warranties and Limitations:
For the marshell product, the sole Seller warranty is that for twelve (12) months from delivery to Buyer the battery, charger, motor and control have been manufactured in compliance with the specifications for those parts.

THE FOREGOING WARRANTY IS THE SOLE WARRANTY FOR THE PRODUCTS AND ITS PARTS AND IS IN LIEU OF ANY AND ALL OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; AND SELLER SHALL NOT BE SUBJECT TO ANY OTHER OBLIGATIONS OR LIABILITIES WHATSOEVER, EITHER IN CONTRACT OR ON ACCOUNT OF NEGLIGENCE, WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS OR ANY OF SELLER'S OBLIGATIONS ARISING HEREUNDER. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL SELLER BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL ORCONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES, EXPENSES, LOSSES OR DELAYS, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LMITATION, DAMAGES FROM DECREASE IN INCOME, INCREASE IN COST OF ANY DESCRIPTION ORDECREASE IN PROFITS, OR FROM FAILURE OF ANY PART OF THE PRODUCTS FURNISHED HEREUNDER. ALL LIABLITY OF SELLER ON ACCOUNT OF NEGLIGENCE OR IN TORT IS HEREBY WAIVED BY BUYER. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.

Thus, if Marshell does indeed manufacture the Epic cart, the dealers are on the hook not only for the rest of the cart under US law, but also for the remaining FOUR YEARS of the five year warranty they are touting without any factory backing. **

At the pace I have seen some import cart dealers adopt and then switch brands, it remains to be seen whether said "warranties" will be honored or worth anything.

Caveat Emptor as some Roman said.

** I was contacted late last week by Icon regarding the Epic cart. I will follow up with them later and post their response to my inquiries regarding origin and warranty.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon