lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2022, 11:55 AM   #21
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: EZGO Click and a hum, no movement

Remove all cables from the motor; connect a jumper from A1 to F1 and a jumper from A2 to F2. Connect 12 to 24 volts, positive @ A1/F1 and negative @ A2/F2. Swap F1 and F2 to change rotation direction.

NOTE: some Sep-Ex motors are labeled S1 & S2 in place of F1 & F2

As for the switch just flip it to Tow and that will kill power to the controller
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2022, 03:14 PM   #22
Psellers
Not Yet Wild

I do have another EZGO that is a bit newer it has a controller that's looks pretty similar but instead of the 10 pin controller it has the 4 pins I think... what ever it is, its less.... can I use the motor from that to help trouble shoot this one. When I first started this I put new brushes in the motor of the golf cart I'm currently working on.

I really appreciate all yours and everyone else help so far. I've had gotten to a point that I didn't know where to go next.

Im back to work today and won't be home for 2 days but will get an update as soon as I can. I think I'm going to order both micro switch now so at least I can try them
Psellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 03:50 PM   #23
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

5 pin connector would be on a series controller. Would have what looks to be the same shifter but has a rod behind it going to a rotating switch. Different motor.
Old 12-07-2022, 04:37 PM   #24
Psellers
Not Yet Wild

It’s actually has the f/r toggle switch up on the dash.
Old 12-07-2022, 05:28 PM   #25
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psellers View Post
It’s actually has the f/r toggle switch up on the dash.
That would be a PDS cart . We're kinda all over the spectrum here.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 05:35 PM   #26
Psellers
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthreatt View Post
That would be a PDS cart . We're kinda all over the spectrum here.
That’s a different cart i have that works totally fine. I was just asking if i could use its motor on my broken cart the one the thread is about to trouble shoot the motor.
Old 12-07-2022, 10:29 PM   #27
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well a true PDS cart would have a 10 pin connector, 2 4 pin and 1 3 pin. If you have a 5 pin with a toggle it is possible someone has converted it to a reversing contactor setup.
Old 12-09-2022, 12:01 PM   #28
Psellers
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Remove all cables from the motor; connect a jumper from A1 to F1 and a jumper from A2 to F2. Connect 12 to 24 volts, positive @ A1/F1 and negative @ A2/F2. Swap F1 and F2 to change rotation direction.

NOTE: some Sep-Ex motors are labeled S1 & S2 in place of F1 & F2

As for the switch just flip it to Tow and that will kill power to the controller
ok, im not sure if I am reading this wrong or not but this is what I did, Jumper from A1 to F1 and another jumper from A2 to S2 and then I took 12v postive to A1 and 12v negative to A2 and I got a bunch of sparks with a very slight rotation forward but nothing to make me excited.. I then swapped the positive and negative and got the same result.

I did a little more digging and I tired something a little different. I did just a jumper form A1 to F1 and applied 12v positive to A2 and negative to F2 and I got my normal motor rotating in reverse. I then reversed that and got the same result, reverse again.

When I get my control back from FSIP it did come with a few trouble shooting items for checking ohms on the motor

it says measure F1 to motor case. This must measure greater than 5MΩ..... I was getting open.

it also says With your motor disconnected, measure F1 to F2. This must measure BETWEEN 1Ω and 2Ω. I was getting .4 ish so slightly out of range.

I know how to of these test but what this information means.... I'm not 100% sure and I also don't know how to correct this. Ive looked at new or rebuilt motors and we are looking at $800 plus. If there is something I can do to rebuild this motor id love to start there.. although I've already thrown brushes in it.

I have the motor in the DPS cart that I know is good... Im not sure if I can use that motor to confirm that this whole issue is in-fact a motor problem.
Old 12-09-2022, 12:18 PM   #29
Psellers
Not Yet Wild

I am doing some more research that second test I did was incorrect even though it did make the motor spin... I need to reevaluate that first test you had me do and what it means....
Old 12-09-2022, 01:04 PM   #30
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If the other cart has the fnr switch on the dash and a wire going into the end center cap of the motor that is a PDS cart. That would be a sepex cart and the motor is compatible with the dcs
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO