lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2022, 10:10 AM   #1
Cbm550
Not Yet Wild

Default 1996 EZGO TXT swap to PDS

I recently installed an Admiral MOT B2 with a Navitas 600 amp controller and PDS harness to change it from the drum switch to the rocker switch in the dash.

My problem is that when I turn the switch on and put it into either forward or reverse, the solenoid energizes and stays in that state until I turn the key off. (I don't know if that is normal, as before the change, the solenoid would not energize until the throttle is depressed then de-energize when the throttle is let off.)

It will go in Fwd and Rev, but when I hit the throttle, it goes from 0 to wide open. The Navitas app shows the Throttle as "On" all the time when the key is turned on and the throttle voltage goes from 0 to 4.93 volts immediately when I barely press the throttle.

I had to change the Molex plug on my ITS harness from the square 4 to a flat 4 to plug into the Navitas harness and it shows the same wire configuration now as the PDS.

Can someone tell me what would cause the throttle and solenoid to be always on as described and why there would not be a range of voltage when pressing the throttle.
Cbm550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-05-2022, 10:18 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 1996 EZGO TXT swap to PDS

The square 4 pin molex is for the run/tow switch. The flat four goes to the pedal box.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 4E7BB67C-1176-449F-8961-45B7B1CB579D.jpeg (124.7 KB, 0 views)
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 10:32 AM   #3
Cbm550
Not Yet Wild

Yes, I got the run/tow switch plugged in there, but my throttle harness had the same square plug so I had to just cut it off and wire up a flat 4 for that Navitas harness.
Old 12-06-2022, 10:28 PM   #4
donroger1
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbm550 View Post
I had to change the Molex plug on my ITS harness from the square 4 to a flat 4 to plug into the Navitas harness and it shows the same wire configuration now as the PDS.
I am "building" my first cart which has an ITS throttle. Doesn't the PDS system use a different throttle???

If you still have an ITS throttle (Inductive Throttle Sensor) it will not "adjust" the speed from 0 to 5volts.

Just posing the question.
donroger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 08:03 AM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

96 cart will have an ITS throttle. That is what ezgo used in all their models at that time. Some of the early 90s used a pot throttle.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 12:06 PM   #6
Cbm550
Not Yet Wild

I don't know if the ITS throttle is different in the PDS. From what I see, the ITS is on DCS and PDS systems. The Navitas controller board for a PDS shows the wiring diagram for an ITS.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 40-000512 PDS TXT 36V.pdf (70.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-07-2022, 03:44 PM   #7
donroger1
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbm550 View Post
I don't know if the ITS throttle is different in the PDS. From what I see, the ITS is on DCS and PDS systems. The Navitas controller board for a PDS shows the wiring diagram for an ITS.
For my build I too have selected the Navitas 600a controller but the one I ordered for my 36v cart came with a different wiring "adapter".

Select the ITS Series at this link and it will show the adapter I received.
https://diygolfcart.com/navitas-ezgo...ontroller-kit/
Old 12-07-2022, 03:56 PM   #8
donroger1
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I guess what I am trying to say is that is seems that your controller is looking for 0 to 5v input. The diagram shown above shows a rheostat in the pedal box. An "inductor" like the ITS coil would not diminish a 5v signal much at all and appear to be full throttle. Still learning everyday.

Adding a different thought, IF your new connector is reversed, your micro switch would close on pedal depression "as" the ITS input and your ITS coil would "already" be closed as the micro switch input.
Old 12-08-2022, 11:18 AM   #9
Cbm550
Not Yet Wild

I am just stumped with the fact that the foot switch is constantly recognized as "ON" when the key is turned on. I would ink that the controller is getting an input signal for it to think that, but the solenoid will not close until I put it into either "FWD" or "REV" and stay on after that until the key or the "RUN/TOW" switch is turned off.

This is the harness that I have for the caontroller:

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.navitasvs.com/_files/ugd/e11542_861cbdcf14414ad7b3d6c7c5f1700dab.pdf
Old 12-08-2022, 01:01 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Have you opened the pedal box to see if the pedal microswitch is indeed always closed? It happens.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO