lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2022, 02:45 PM   #1
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Summit 2 Question for Dealers

Anyone else having problems with the Summit 2 chargers that are mounted for on board use, with customers that refuse to plug them in regularly, and the slight current draw on them drawing the batteries down enough that it won't charge? I bet over half of the ones I sell that are hooked up on board I have gone back to for this issue.
I tell them to keep it charged regular, but it goes in one ear and out the other. I'm strongly considering not connecting them on board any longer. I thought about putting a switch on the leads to turn it off when not charging, but they ain't gonna do that either.
Just curious if anyone has had this problem, or have an easy solution. They expect it to sit still for 2 months without charging and be ready to go when they need it.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-05-2022, 04:59 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Summit 2 Question for Dealers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
Anyone else having problems with the Summit 2 chargers that are mounted for on board use, with customers that refuse to plug them in regularly, and the slight current draw on them drawing the batteries down enough that it won't charge? I bet over half of the ones I sell that are hooked up on board I have gone back to for this issue.
I tell them to keep it charged regular, but it goes in one ear and out the other. I'm strongly considering not connecting them on board any longer. I thought about putting a switch on the leads to turn it off when not charging, but they ain't gonna do that either.
Just curious if anyone has had this problem, or have an easy solution. They expect it to sit still for 2 months without charging and be ready to go when they need it.

Sounds like you need to call or email your clients once a month and tell them it's time to charge. Seriously educate them or charge them until they stop forgetting!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 05:14 PM   #3
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Sounds like you need to call or email your clients once a month and tell them it's time to charge. Seriously educate them or charge them until they stop forgetting!
I don't know if it's just a North Carolina thing, or everywhere, but you can tell them till you're blue in the face! It still happens, and they'll swear they did. I wish Lester could develop software that would turn off the Bluetooth and the current draw way before the low voltage threshold. It will draw them down to nothing over a good period of time.

Old 12-05-2022, 06:07 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I don't know if it's just a North Carolina thing, or everywhere, but you can tell them till you're blue in the face! It still happens, and they'll swear they did. I wish Lester could develop software that would turn off the Bluetooth and the current draw way before the low voltage threshold. It will draw them down to nothing over a good period of time.

My wifes cart has a low voltage alarm that goes off when the battery drops to 48v.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 05:04 PM   #5
adrianp89
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I have a Sumitt II that stays plugged in all the time. I don't use my cart very often but when I do it is like at a 50% charge. Something has a drain on it. So I have to make sure to go make sure it resets it's charge the night before I know I will use it. Half the time it gives me a Max Amps error that takes forever to reset so it won't charge.

The bluetooth app has a range of about 2 feet and even then its slow.

I personally think the Sumitt II is a POS.
adrianp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 05:07 PM   #6
Trenks
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianp89 View Post
I have a Sumitt II that stays plugged in all the time. I don't use my cart very often but when I do it is like at a 50% charge. Something has a drain on it. So I have to make sure to go make sure it resets it's charge the night before I know I will use it. Half the time it gives me a Max Amps error that takes forever to reset so it won't charge.

The Bluetooth function is a joke. My Summit charger now faults out "Max Time" App states 99% charged 1 min remaining. Well 3 hours goes by and the Fault light comes on.
Trenks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 09:36 AM   #7
adrianp89
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenks View Post
The Bluetooth function is a joke. My Summit charger now faults out "Max Time" App states 99% charged 1 min remaining. Well 3 hours goes by and the Fault light comes on.
Glad it's not just me. I will be happy when the time to go to lithium comes and a new charger along with it.
Old 12-09-2022, 10:14 AM   #8
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianp89 View Post

That draw is the Bluetooth. If it would float after the charge cycle, it would be ok. And like someone else's mentioned the max charge time is a joke! I can plug one at bedtime and early the next morning it will be timed out. Then you have to disconnect it from the batteries to reset. My point is this charger is not a good fit for people that don't know how to use it. Like most average plug and play cart owners.

Old 12-09-2022, 10:16 AM   #9
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
My wifes cart has a low voltage alarm that goes off when the battery drops to 48v.
That's a good idea, but then they would call me and ask why does this thing keep going off all the time?! [emoji38]

Old 12-09-2022, 11:42 AM   #10
adrianp89
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
That draw is the Bluetooth. If it would float after the charge cycle, it would be ok. And like someone else's mentioned the max charge time is a joke! I can plug one at bedtime and early the next morning it will be timed out. Then you have to disconnect it from the batteries to reset. My point is this charger is not a good fit for people that don't know how to use it. Like most average plug and play cart owners.

So what do I need to know to make this charger better? It is really frustrating to have an on-board charger that stays plugged in and every time I go to use the cart the battery is at 50%.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO