lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2012, 09:39 PM   #1
1978cushman
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy 1978 Cushman Truckster Points HELP!

Hello! I have a 1978 cushma truckster four wheel not three. I have installed new points and condensor in it and it runs like a champ . Only thing iv had to do this twice now because it seems my spark is to hot and it is burning the black plastic on my points causing one to split from another if anyone can help me please it would be very appreciated THANKS!
1978cushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2012, 01:47 AM   #2
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1978 Cushman Truckster Points HELP!

Try here mate and welcome to BGW ! http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-golf-carts/

FC
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:27 PM   #3
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1978 Cushman Truckster Points HELP!

Does yours have 2 separate ignition coils or 1 coil with 2 spark plug leads? The 2 coil system must have the coils hooked in series. 1 coil will have the ignition B+ connect to the + on it. The - from that coil will connect to the + of the next coil and that coil's - will connect to the points terminal on the distributor. Also make sure your condenser is new. A bad condenser will eat up points! If you have a single coil, I believe it should have a ballast resistor in the coil + circuit. If someone bypassed it, the points will burn also. Good Luck on it! These are great carts!!!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ignition problem, points, trouble
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car