lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2009, 10:44 PM   #171
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 295 head on 350 performance engine rebuild?

Well Folks, The moment of truth will soon be upon us. The motor is now assembled. I just need to install it and check the compression and run it a little! If it all checks out, like it should, we'll check the rpm's. Then, hopefully, it's video time!
tHANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE. This took forever!
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2009, 10:46 PM   #172
Radicalgolfcarts
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Can't wait!!
Radicalgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:53 AM   #173
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

FYI. I ran into a little problem. The machine shop ground the deck crooked. It drops off where the oil port runs through the head. I didn't notice until it was in and running. The oil was running out of the gasket area like a sieve. I couldn't tell where it was exactly at the time...
I pulled the motor out yesterday, checked all the O-rings in the side cover, reassembled it, installed it and it still had the leak. I thought it was the oil port o-ring in the side case.
Well. I drilled out the port about 1/32nd deep and cut a groove with a dremel for a hydraulic O-ring and installed it. When I started it, there was no leak, yet. It should flatten out under the gasket and should handle the oil pressure and temp.
I hope.
I have 104 race fuel coming for the test run. I'll run it slow till Monday when the fuel arrives. Then it's showtime! Maybe we can blow the head off and retire this thread!!
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:05 PM   #174
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

awsome! you know a video will be in order for this right?
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:49 PM   #175
fastfred
Gone but not forgotten
E-Z-GO

Sounds like you need to find a different machine shop. What did they surface the block with, a file? After all that block and head surfacing it sounds like you will need that 104 race gas alright.Don't run it much on pump gas. Detonation is really hard on piston ring grooves and valves.
Keep us posted.

Fred
fastfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO