lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2010, 04:15 PM   #11
Yoyo
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: My cart has a very bad cold!

By the way, that was a long time ago, and it did say "CAR", not golf car!
Yoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-18-2010, 11:19 AM   #12
Yoyo
Not Yet Wild

Finally My cart runs!

After installing a new carb, I think the deiseling will stop. The new carb is so much "tighter" than the old one.

I have also replaced the igniter. Bought a John Deere model M70114 for $25 off ebay!

My problems seem to be gone now.

Thanks for all the advise over the last month or so.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:29 PM   #13
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoyo View Post
Finally My cart runs!

After installing a new carb, I think the deiseling will stop. The new carb is so much "tighter" than the old one.

I have also replaced the igniter. Bought a John Deere model M70114 for $25 off ebay!

My problems seem to be gone now.

Thanks for all the advise over the last month or so.
so what truely fixed the issues? the carb or thew ignitor. if it was running but running ruff, i woud say the carb. but did it fix its self after the carb, then had issues, so you replace with a fe350 john deere motor part from a gator? inquiring minds want to know so they can open a shop with there experince they learn here on the sit! we will call the shop buggies gone wild and say we are a custumization shop! or does that sound to extreme?
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:44 PM   #14
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckiguy View Post
so what truely fixed the issues? the carb or thew ignitor. if it was running but running ruff, i woud say the carb. but did it fix its self after the carb, then had issues, so you replace with a fe350 john deere motor part from a gator? inquiring minds want to know so they can open a shop with there experince they learn here on the sit! we will call the shop buggies gone wild and say we are a custumization shop! or does that sound to extreme?
That made me snort my Pepsi on the key board.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:11 PM   #15
Yoyo
Not Yet Wild

OK here's the thing.

I had been having problems with the cart deiseling and backing up on you for some time. When you got out of it the motor would start running in reverse, moving the cart backwards.

Among the many things I heard that could cause this was the butterfly valve in the carb not closing completely. Also heard carboned up cylinder causing heat and pre-ignition.

Bottom line, the old carb had such a worn out shaft on the butterfly valve that the valve would always hang slightly open. I couldn't adjust it so it would close!

I think the carb fixed that.

The bigger and more immediate problem was the cart would not start. The starter would spin, but I would get a whine, a backfire, and maybe or maybe not it would start. Then, it would only run a few yards and die, only to repeat stall, backfire, stall, sneeze cough, etc.

I tried all the options of disconnecting the rpm limiter, and replacing fuel filters, lines, and cleaning the carb. But nothing helped.

I received some testing info for the coil and tried that, but couldn't tell if I was testing it bad, or if it was really bad. So I decided to go for the cheaper fix. The igniter.

When I heard there was a thing called an igniter, I thought it may be my problem. No igniter, no spark, no run! And if I did get a spark, there was so much fuel built up, it would backfire.

The igniter is like $65-70 at all the club car sites. But somewhere I heard that the John Deere unit, for a kawasaki engine, would work, and it was only $25 on Ebay with free shipping!

It looks EXACTLY the same as the club car part, and it worked! I didn't have to buy a coil and/or rev limiter for another $100+.

I think it got rid of the backfire and no starting issues.

There, is that clear enough?
Old 10-18-2010, 03:14 PM   #16
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoyo View Post
OK here's the thing.

I had been having problems with the cart deiseling and backing up on you for some time. When you got out of it the motor would start running in reverse, moving the cart backwards.

Among the many things I heard that could cause this was the butterfly valve in the carb not closing completely. Also heard carboned up cylinder causing heat and pre-ignition.

Bottom line, the old carb had such a worn out shaft on the butterfly valve that the valve would always hang slightly open. I couldn't adjust it so it would close!

I think the carb fixed that.

The bigger and more immediate problem was the cart would not start. The starter would spin, but I would get a whine, a backfire, and maybe or maybe not it would start. Then, it would only run a few yards and die, only to repeat stall, backfire, stall, sneeze cough, etc.

I tried all the options of disconnecting the rpm limiter, and replacing fuel filters, lines, and cleaning the carb. But nothing helped.

I received some testing info for the coil and tried that, but couldn't tell if I was testing it bad, or if it was really bad. So I decided to go for the cheaper fix. The igniter.

When I heard there was a thing called an igniter, I thought it may be my problem. No igniter, no spark, no run! And if I did get a spark, there was so much fuel built up, it would backfire.

The igniter is like $65-70 at all the club car sites. But somewhere I heard that the John Deere unit, for a kawasaki engine, would work, and it was only $25 on Ebay with free shipping!

It looks EXACTLY the same as the club car part, and it worked! I didn't have to buy a coil and/or rev limiter for another $100+.

I think it got rid of the backfire and no starting issues.

There, is that clear enough?
Some time ago I had an ignition problem with a Jaguar XJS. Dealer wanted $600 for the part. I found out that the part was supplied by GM and got it for $12 at the local parts store. People have a bloody nerve imho

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:41 PM   #17
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Can you post the deere part number?
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:52 PM   #18
Yoyo
Not Yet Wild

The John Deere part number is M70114. If you google just the M70114 it will bring up the J/D part. It is for a kawaski engine, same as my club Car DS.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:04 PM   #19
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

oki do know jd runs the fe350 in there tractors and in the gators if i rembe correctly, but they have a block mounted starter and they are slightly difent, but they are suposed to be coded oem like club car does. if it work run it1 i have seen on here in the last year or so that some one did the same thing and they had bad results. but we all know that ebay parts are alaays the right parts!

doosman sory for making you have to clean the keyboard with your pepsi! i read and had a previous post form another thread on here and was on a roll! i guess there was a fellow with a shop looking for advice on something really silly! fired scotty, gorno, and ess up! i thought id be a smart arse im and carry it over here. just to pas on the lagh. well i suceeded in my job! ill send you a new key boaard if you want and some screen wipes if you need those too. i wasnt looking for that!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:45 PM   #20
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Shoot, I just did a google search on that part No and got a $15.32 quote (less s+ h) We are being corn holed !!!! That same motor as supplied to JD has all the same basic parts that we mostly need, piston, rings, etc etc. It appears that JD users get a preferential rate on spares as opposed to us "cart owners"
Other than peripheral parts I figure i'll shop the John Deere parts book in the future and for sure check other engine applications from now on in.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel system, ignitor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car