lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2011, 09:16 AM   #9
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Talking Re: D&D PDS High Speed Motor and 8:1 High Speed Gear Experiment...

I'm hoping you are right. When Vic built my motor for the old Mud Buggie it was a 72 volt. torque motor. The reason I'm bringing this up is I had a 4600RPM motor in it before and I had stock gears in the cart. It did fine for 2 weeks of testing it out in front of the house. Just short quick trips. I was told to watch the RPM's by them and Robby @ PQ. One night as I was checking some more mods out to it, I drove it all the way out to the end of the road, coming back I blew a hole the size of your thumb threw the back side of the motor. That's when I went to the torque motor from Vick at D&D. The high speed motor was over reved on stock gears. My fault and no one was to blame but me. I'm hoping they have figured out a way to do this. I really want to build a 72 volt sleeper for the beach next summer.
Mine may have been the voltage to I can't say for sure. It was a 48 volt motor running on 72.
Robby & Carson had it as a door stop at the shop for a long time after that.
I went for 2 loops in the road when it blew. 4 nice rear tire skid marks in the road. It wasn't so funny then but now I wished I'd had a video of it.
They do build some nice motors don't they!

Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO