lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2015, 11:53 PM   #1
StutterHead
Not Yet Wild

Angry Powerwise QE charger flashes red 5 times fast then flashes green - but not charging

Hello- yep here's another Powerwise QE charger stories. I got a 2010 RXV from lease turnin. 4*12 US batts stamped Aug '13. Was told it was fully charged at pick up and it ran great. Drove family around the neighborhood for a few miles and put it away plugged in now problem. After next outing, attempted to charge but when plug was attached to the cart the LED flashed red 5 times extremely fast then turned green and flashed 1x/sec with and audible clicking sound. I disconnected the charger from both AC and cart. Retried. And it work fine - SO I bought this thing for a family vacation to the Grand Canyon and visit family in Phoenix/Mesa area. AND NOW THE CHARGER IS CLICKING AGAIN AND NO MEASURABLE CHARGE TO THE BATTERY PACK. I measure 48v prior to last charge attempt 2 days ago pack is now 47. Is there something I can do with this charger or is this the the end? If so, what are all the well respected 48v chargers available. Thanks for the help!
StutterHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2015, 12:17 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Powerwise QE charger flashes red 5 times fast then flashes green - but not chargi

Get rid of that charger.......... Nothing but problems.. Get a DPI charger. Better for the batteries, USA made, great service & support. Can be serviced by the user in the future if needed. User selectable modes for different battery types, "float mode" to keep batteries fresh during storage. The last two are why theyre better for the batteries. Easily the best value (avoid the china Thundercrud & similar, dont save $40 to have a crap charger that will fail & parts are scarce).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 12:39 AM   #3
catmcaw
Gone Wild

Default Re: Powerwise QE charger flashes red 5 times fast then flashes green - but not chargi

I agree with getting a DPI charger. Its everything cgtech said it is.
catmcaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 01:13 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I order a steady stream of DPIs to replace those QE chargers, im at a ezgo dealer.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 05:42 PM   #5
StutterHead
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, for the quick replies. Just ordered DPI from Amazon - it'll be here Monday. Thanks again!
StutterHead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
48v, powerwise qe, rxv, us batteries
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO