lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2016, 12:12 PM   #1
vad3rw3rks
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Default 92 Columbia ParCar Build

Hey Everyone,

Friend of mine had a golf cart sitting for the last year or so with hopes of getting it going. This past weekend finally got a call to come get it out of his yard so we're starting with a freebie at least.

Right now I'm looking at seeing if I can get it running, then moving, and then cleaning it up. Hopefully with everyone's help and a little bit of luck we can save this cart.

Initial take home pics - I would use links but apparently I need to prove I am human and not a robot or troll for a week first.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016-04-25 17.51.56.jpg (216.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2016-04-25 17.52.07.jpg (219.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2016-04-25 17.52.16.jpg (220.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2016-04-25 17.52.29.jpg (222.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2016-04-25 17.52.39.jpg (228.3 KB, 0 views)
vad3rw3rks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2016, 12:20 PM   #2
vad3rw3rks
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Default Re: 92 Columbia ParCar Build

My first stupid question of many:

On the rear axle differential where you would normally find a yolk for a driveshaft I see a 4 bolt flange. The drive belt from the motor is still there just hanging around - Am I just missing the clutch or something else as well that bolts onto this?

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-26-2016, 12:25 PM   #3
vad3rw3rks
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Judging by the serial number I am guessing this is a 1992 (obviously a gasser)

Serial - 2L-22218

Perhaps Tech Support would be kind enough to fill me in on the origin when they have a moment?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016-04-25 20.02.36.jpg (214.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-26-2016, 04:44 PM   #4
backyard
Gone Wild
Columbia

The last two characters (which you missed) are sorta stamped over with the serial number. If you look close you'll see C9. At least thats what I'm seeing. So you have 2L-22218-C9. That is an 89 model P4G. Tech Support usually shows up a few days later, but he will confirm.

Yes you are missing the secondary clutch, sometimes called the driven clutch. As the drive belt moves in and out on the primary clutch, the secondary takes up the slack and also changes the gearing while doing so.

Some carts have a disc brake assembly behind the secondary. I'm not exactly sure how your model was designed, but if you can't find any brakes on it, then the braking assembly is gone too.
backyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:02 AM   #5
vad3rw3rks
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Aye! Thanks for the help Backyard - I was wondering if those stamped numbers were in fact part of the serial or not.

Looks like I will have to start looking for the secondary clutch as I am breaking things down and starting to clean up the chassis.
Old 04-27-2016, 12:34 PM   #6
Lochlin
Gone Wild

You got some work cut out with that cart. Don't fret it. My 4 wheel '85 was even worse and I was able to bring it back to life. It cost a few bucks though.

Yep. You are missing the secondary for sure. Luckily those are "Comet" clutches and are still made. Comet is a clutch manufacturer. Don't know if they are still in business but, as their clutches were used on a ton of machines, a lot of manufacturers sell replacements. Unfortunately, they aren't cheap. That clutch goes for around $175. The "primary" clutch is attached to the back of your engine. That too was made by Comet but it's a lot more expensive.....$450 or so. That's still there though and those are pretty durable. You'll probably be good to go with it.

Looking at your pics, it looks like you are missing your air cleaner assembly too. You'll be able to find one of those cheap enough. If need be you can even mickey mouse one from a lawn mower cleaner or something.

Your carb there? If not there are some very cheap alternatives to the original Walbro ones.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:25 AM   #7
vad3rw3rks
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Thanks Lochlin - I definitely have some work ahead of me with how beat up it is.

I called around for the secondary/driven clutch yesterday and Buggies unlimited had a decent price for one. The carb is there and I do have the entire air box assembly as well, minor victory.

When I put it up on jack stands I realized the rear end is probably shot. Spinning the output shaft on the differential isn't turning the wheels and turning the wheels doesn't get me anything either. I'll remove the diff cover after work today and see how bad it is but I'm assuming it is shot.

I can get my hands on an older EZ-Go rear end with the Driven clutch already on it but I am not sure if this will work or not.

Safe to assume finding a gear set for the rear end is going to be impossible to find?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar