lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2019, 08:18 AM   #1
FLboss
Not Yet Wild

Default Intermitent Power -2004 EZ GO

have a 2004 ez-go with a 48v conversion - Alltrax controller, heavy duty solenoid-F&R switch and heavy duty cables. Good battery pack.

Occasionally cart would just loose power for maybe a second while driving, but would come right back.

Sat for a about a month, and went to go move yesterday and it would barely move. Cleaned cables and some connections on batteries and switch with no progress. I sprayed the large contacts inside F&R switch with connection cleaner and the cart seemed to return to normal operation for a few runs up and down the street but is now acting up again and is jerky and almost no power. can sometimes clear up if I keep pressing and depressing pedal and moving F&R switch back and forth

Solenoid is clicking when I press pedal -

so is it likely that my F&R switch is failing since it seemed to make a difference when I sprayed it with cleaner- or is likely a bad connection somewhere else or maybe pedal switch? Saw some of the testing shown with the OHm meter and will try to do some testing this afternoon
FLboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-02-2019, 11:44 AM   #2
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Intermitent Power -2004 EZ GO

Sounds like possible bad,loose connection somewhere. F N switch is cheap enough to replace thus eliminating it as the cause. Cleaning all connections that use a plug may also help.
Unforgenetly , probably have to wait for cart to shut off again, then do some trouble shooting while not running before you reset it to better help find connection problem.
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 02:27 PM   #3
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Talking Re: Intermitent Power -2004 EZ GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLboss View Post
have a 2004 ez-go with a 48v conversion - Alltrax controller, heavy duty solenoid-F&R switch and heavy duty cables. Good battery pack.

Occasionally cart would just loose power for maybe a second while driving, but would come right back.

Sat for a about a month, and went to go move yesterday and it would barely move. Cleaned cables and some connections on batteries and switch with no progress. I sprayed the large contacts inside F&R switch with connection cleaner and the cart seemed to return to normal operation for a few runs up and down the street but is now acting up again and is jerky and almost no power. can sometimes clear up if I keep pressing and depressing pedal and moving F&R switch back and forth

Solenoid is clicking when I press pedal -

so is it likely that my F&R switch is failing since it seemed to make a difference when I sprayed it with cleaner- or is likely a bad connection somewhere else or maybe pedal switch? Saw some of the testing shown with the OHm meter and will try to do some testing this afternoon
I’m assuming series? If so, as you’ve already seen, those rotary mechanisms can be problematic. You’ve got to make sure all of the contacts are in good condition and that the mechanism is adjusted properly to ensure solid contact. Sometimes just tightening the nut can solve the problem. Also, is your hd f/r from Scotty or another reputable supplier? I’ve read that the China version can be not so hd. Heat around the f/r cables would help point to poor contact.

Also, if that cart has the infamous molex connector, I’d definitely check and clean or remove it and solder/heat shrink.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO