lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2020, 12:30 PM   #21
Ironman_83
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Par car summit motor

Cenntenial batt Part #a191207 (cb6-224). How much would a handset cost as opposed to shipping my controller to you and back plus cost of your service? Is there much else that handset can do? Thanks!
Ironman_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2020, 05:51 AM   #22
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

It's a $100 charge for me to reprogram a controller, plus the USPS priority mail to send it back.

A handset is worth it for anyone who intends to keep their cart and enjoys working or tinkering on it. Let's say you send in the controller, I check or reprogram and then you get it back. Hook it up and it still runs wrong. Then you would need the handset anyway to see what the controller sees.

The handset list is $517.38, so after the STOPCOVID19 coupon code of 19% off it falls to $419.08. It's still higher than I'd want to pay for something like a volt meter but worth it to save the time and guessing of parts that it can take working on a cart. The handsets for Sevcon aren't all the same, with so many different software versions loaded into the various controllers, but these are set for the Columbia/ParCar vehicle programs. I also am available to help with using it and knowing how to navigate through the parameters on it. I should note that the controllers are programmed with dealer access codes. The handset will always be great for diagnostic to check all the settings and things like switches, data signals, speed encoder input, etc...., but to change anything requires the dealer password as we certainly don't want anyone going in and accidentally changing the wrong thing which could end up causing more damage than it already may have had.

BTW, I went the extra step to see what the programming would have been on your vehicle when new, and being a former GSA vehicle it WAS programmed for hi/lo speeds, of course we don't know what anyone may have done since it left the factory. I attached the program sheet here so you could see what each parameter was set for. If you look at 5.01 you'll see at 100%, and then 6.01 at 70% which would be your low/turtle speed (7.01 isn't used)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Checksum 199LAD.pdf (18.4 KB, 0 views)
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 01:55 PM   #23
Ironman_83
Not Yet Wild

Great info! I sent you an email. Thanks Tech
Ironman_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar