lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2022, 02:41 PM   #1
Rjr204
Not Yet Wild

Default 1986 Columbia GU4

I was tasked with cleaning out a new building at work and came across a an old gas (2-stroke) utility cart.

After lots of googling, it appears to be a 1986 Columbia GU4 - has the front row bench and a rear "basket." Has been stored inside, just hasn't been used in who knows how long.

Trying to figure out what to do with this, and after some more googling I found this post.

I'm in Pittsburgh as well - South Hills.

Is this cart worth trying to renew and if so, can you recommend anyone local

If it's not worth the hassle, any thoughts on where to take it?
Rjr204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2022, 01:39 PM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1986 Columbia GU4

That's a cool cart. Unfortunately, no one works on the old Columbias anymore. I am a wizard with them but am self taught out of necessity ie, no one works on them anymore.

Regarding the hassle to get it running, it really depends on what if anything is wrong with it. If is was running when stored it may well just need a battery and a fuel system cleaning. If it wasn't running then it could be hundreds of dollars and some expertise / special tools to get it running. Parts for those carts aren't always readily available so often some improvising is the only way to get them going.

If that cart is something you want to dive into I would be happy to help guide the process. If not I would be happy to take it off your hands for a fair price. If nothing else I can always use it for parts.

Regarding value when running? Tough to say buy again, with no one working on them they don't have much value.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 01:50 PM   #3
Lochlin
Gone Wild

This is a pic of an 85 I restored a few years ago. You can see the similarities with the front ends.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_00000004.jpg (6.5 KB, 0 views)
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 06:41 PM   #4
nutzred
Not Yet Wild

I work on them. I've restored a couple par cars. I'm located in Indiana pa

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
nutzred is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar