lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2012, 11:39 AM   #501
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: OMG What Was I Thinkin!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madoc1 View Post
gettin there! i have same dash, just not installed.
It's ok Jim, they kinda are a pita, you would think they would just slip on,,,ya with a little effort
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2012, 08:32 AM   #502
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I had the same experience with the dash cover. A friend and very good cart builder suggested I put the screws, that come with the dash cover, inside the glove boxes and the lower legs instead of on the outside as suggested by the maker. I only had to go to the outside with one screw and it makes a much neater look overall. Thanks Shawn.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:14 PM   #503
TheWiltz
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

LH, the input shaft on the rear end is where the splines attach to the motor correct? You replaced yours. Do you need to go from the inside and completely disassemble the pumpkin or can it be removed from the top? I have a completely rebuilt rear end (free) with a trashed input shaft? Why would one do this? Oh well it was free.
TheWiltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:38 AM   #504
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

wiltz, the input shaft does come out the top. just need to remove the snap ring retaining it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 96electtxtrearendproblems.jpg (65.1 KB, 0 views)
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:32 AM   #505
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

If you want to remove the center part of the gear, between the input shaft and the main gear where the axles come together there are freeze plugs you will need to remove in order to get it out. Study madocs pic that he provided it will show you in detail what you are after.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:54 PM   #506
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

OK UPS was good to me today, part of my stuff came in today, figured I had to go see how it looked, and get it in place. As I figured the motor was in the way for the shocks,,OH Well I will figure something out..

The motor 2 speed EMP, limo motor, 48V. It is setup to work with my 25" tires, and I am aiming for 30mph. Yes I know some of you go faster but I also asked for it to be able to handle the beach and maybe one day a trail ride

Old 05-15-2012, 10:01 PM   #507
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

OH, one thing I forgot to mention is that when I worked with Chuck at EMP I wanted a PDS style switch to control forward and reverse so I went with the SW202 48V setup to control that feature. Now when you work with EMP I believe they normally use the 36V fnr from CC to control the torque/speed option on there motors, well I did not want that so that was another SW202 but in a 24V setup hooked in series, so if one half fails it defaults to torque motor which protects it, if we did a 48V setup SW202 it would of been in parallel which would of not protected the motor as much. Now I still need to get the second contactor in, but it should be here tomorrow, and get them both mounted.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:03 PM   #508
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Mark!!! That is going to be awesome!!! I can't wait to see this cart together and hear how it performs. You done yet?
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:08 PM   #509
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Well I also got the new brake lines in, had to special order a pair of them to work the way I wanted them to. See like Terry I could not leave just normal alone I had to do something different. I was told of VW proportioning valve for brakes but that did not control what I wanted, so I looked for a electronic brake lock Well for us none racers I found what I was looking for, it is used in dirt track cars to prevent the right front brakes from working. Well I did not want it for that I wanted to be able to keep the back brakes from working, so I called and talked to wheelsca and they said my lock would work great for this, so I got one..... Well here it is mounted still have a ways to go but it is a start and I can finally bleed out the brakes.

Old 05-15-2012, 11:12 PM   #510
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It looks great Mark, I can't wait for the videos........
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO