lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2020, 09:48 PM   #1
Tonyoldcart
Not Yet Wild

Default Drilling out a muffler

I’ll try and be brief. Spun a bearing on my G9 and just prior to that it was running very hot. After it locked up I assumed the heat was coming from the friction between crank and bearing. Tore it down and put in new crank, bearings and rings. After start up a driving around to break it in it got insanely hot again. Figuring the only thing common on the cart now was the muffler I took it off and sure enough it runs at normal temperature now. Finally my question, has anyone drilled holes in a muffler to get exhaust thru? I can’t bring myself to pay $200 for a golf cart muffler. Any other substitutes for a muffler?
Tonyoldcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2020, 06:41 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Drilling out a muffler

I have one I'll sell you. Came off a running cart that I parted out. PM me.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=166696
Attached Images
File Type: jpg g2 g9 muffler 1.jpg (361.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg g2 g9 muffler 2.jpg (355.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg G2 G9 muffler.jpg (75.6 KB, 0 views)
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 07:02 AM   #3
Tonyoldcart
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Drilling out a muffler

I found a golf cart junk yard near me that’s checking to see if he has a good one. I’ll box mine up to see what size box it will need and weigh it to see how much shipping will be if he doesn’t have one I’ll use yours
Tonyoldcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha