lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2020, 05:33 PM   #1
DosEquis
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G22 Clutch Settings

Just bought a Yamaha G22 yesterday. Nice clean cart. After going through everything and driving the hills in the neighborhood, it lacked torque. It barely crawled the hills. Took clutches off. Spent today rebuilding primary, want to work on secondary next. Plan on making this cart my daily driver for the family. Can anyone explain the secondary clutch numbers and letter settings to me? It was set on A3, which I know is not right. I want to milk as much low end as possible out of this thing, since I will be hauling a wife and 2 kids on it all the time and we have big hills in the neighborhood, but I want to sacrifice my top end as little as possible. Can anyone steer me toward a better clutch setting? And would a Umax spring help with my goal? Trying to stay as stock as possible.
DosEquis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2020, 06:15 PM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Yamaha G22 Clutch Settings

B-4 is what I set everything at, hills, no hills.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 06:17 PM   #3
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G22 Clutch Settings

B2 or B3 is what the manual says. Yes, the umax spring will definitely help. And a good aftermarket double cogged belt. Plowmans or GBoost.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha