lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2009, 03:53 PM   #1
Crazy Canuck
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default G1 Crankcase Pulley

Hi, having problem with my g1 yamaha 1981 engine. In attempting to change the seals I have cracked and chipped the pulley on the PTO side just before the oil pump. Can't get it to come loose. Have tried puller and so much heat it was red hot. Still wouldn't budge. Now, if and when I get it off, I am going to have to replace it. Any assistance would be appreciated. Frustrated
Crazy Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2009, 04:18 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Crankcase Pulley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck View Post
Hi, having problem with my g1 yamaha 1981 engine. In attempting to change the seals I have cracked and chipped the pulley on the PTO side just before the oil pump. Can't get it to come loose. Have tried puller and so much heat it was red hot. Still wouldn't budge. Now, if and when I get it off, I am going to have to replace it. Any assistance would be appreciated. Frustrated
Unless your very very lucky, you will need a "special" puller to get the fixed sheave off. See "sticky" above for the "tool loan" for someone in your area. PM me or Groundpounder or list a "want to buy" in the parts section for a good used fixed sheave.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:28 AM   #3
Crazy Canuck
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

HI. I must be doing something wrong here. I have about 4 threads going and they are all about the same thing. My cart wont start. Have pulled the engine, broken the primary fixed sheave and trying to find one. In the meantime I have new seals in and ordered the sheave. Costs $135.00
Not sure if that'sreasonable or not? Anyway just a couple of things today??
How do you BBQ a muffler and how do I close off the additional threads so I only have one going at a time. Thanks in advance
Old 07-22-2009, 08:46 AM   #4
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

you barbecue a muffler by putting in in a fire.you need admin to close the other threads.
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:13 AM   #5
Crazy Canuck
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

so what your saying is I just put the muffler in the BBq for a while. What temp and for how long?
Old 07-23-2009, 09:48 AM   #6
Crazy Canuck
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

closing this thread. All info on my trouble will be on original thread. Thanks
Old 07-25-2009, 09:42 PM   #7
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Crazy, just build a good hot log fire, lay your muffler inside the fire and try to set it in so the tail pipe is pointed towards the ground. This will allow the crap to run out when it gets super hot, I let both my G1's mufflers in the super hot fire for close to 2 hours each. Tell you one thing after they cool dawn and I put on a nice coat of high temp paint both G1's run super good. They can finally breath after years of oil crap building up inside the mufflers.
Calvin
ic746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:01 AM   #8
Crazy Canuck
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Calvin,
Don't have a fire pit as we are in town but, have a fair sized BBQ. Put the muffler in for a couple of hours and cooked it on high. Everyone in the neighbourhood complained about the stink but it appeared to work.Lots of dirty black smoke. It was white when done so gave it a coat of shoe polish. Probably as good as paint. Still waiting for sheave and bearings to come in then will get it back together. Hope all works then. Bob
Old 07-28-2009, 03:30 PM   #9
Crazy Canuck
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Just wanted to confirm with someone that a clutch assembly from an 82 G1 J17 Yamaha will slip onto a J10 81 G1. Just ordered one from Alabama Carts
Old 07-28-2009, 03:35 PM   #10
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thats good to know Crazy because I have both years. Good luck.
Calvin
ic746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha