lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2022, 08:48 PM   #1
demarcor
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Voltage reducer - loud pop and trips lithium cells

So… just put 2 BigBattery eagles in my stock ‘06 precedent. Drove 8 miles in hilly terrain and lost only 1 bar on the meter! Very impressed so far.
Problem…
My voltage converter unit, when wired into the busbar that BigBattery provides, won’t allow me to power on the cells. I disconnected the reducer, and then both cells turned on, no problem. With both cells on, I attempted to connect the little ring terminals I crimped onto the reducer onto the busbar… and POP!!! Huge spark, trips both breakers. Everything appears hooked up correctly…. What the heck is going on??? It’s a 48 / 36v to 12v reducer off Amazon. Silvery looking box with fins. Headlights and radio wired to it.

Whaaaaat???
demarcor is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car