lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2020, 07:00 PM   #1
gasouthern1
Not Yet Wild

Default Cushman Hauler Pro Headlights wont work

I got a 2017 72v hauler pro today, the headlights worked yesterday but won’t work today. The fuses on the driver side next to batteries are good, I removed the switch and used a jumper to test and that didn’t work either, the bulbs look fine when removed. Are there any other fuses or relays that I should check? I know I’m missing something simple but I can’t figure it out for the life of me.
gasouthern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2020, 08:44 PM   #2
gasouthern1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cushman Hauler Pro Headlights wont work

Does anyone know if the horn and the lights share a ground? Both switches have power, both the light and the horn are hooked up and neither work. The schematic on the Textron site is extremely hard to follow.
gasouthern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 07:26 AM   #3
warriorpoet78
Not Yet Wild

gasouthern1: did you ever get this fixed? I have the exact same problem and just came across this post. TIA
warriorpoet78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 10:11 AM   #4
nesnahjm
Not Yet Wild

The Hauler pro has a 72 volt to 13 volt DC to DC converter mounted on the left/driver side bolted to the floor panel under the seat below the tow switch. It is what supplies power for lights, horn and other 12v accessories. It has heavy red and a black wire going in on one side and yellow white and blue wires on the other side. It can short out and you will still be able to drive but none of the lights or horn will work. There is a 10 amp fuse mounted under the cover of the controller. It is the one closest to the front of the vehicle. Try the fuse first and if it arcs and blows then it is most likely the converter. Don't buy it from Amazon as you can find then way cheaper on other sites.
nesnahjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 11:41 AM   #5
rdwrdw44
Not Yet Wild

Sorry, Newbie here. Where is the controller?
rdwrdw44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 10:42 PM   #6
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

Under the front seat, typically passenger side.
TheCartBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 12:49 AM   #7
konakid
Gone Wild

Cushman

I found this extremely helpful after posting a similar question earlier today. Same problem on about same vintage 72 volt Cushman Hauler Pro. No lights and no horn. And didn't know what this was - see pic attached.

Will check for fuse in controller enclosure - my controller is under cargo bed driver side at rear of vehicle. Converter is warm with key on, so assuming it has power and fuse must be good. So hoping that the converter is just bad.

I have 12v DC power to key switch - on 'first two terminals but no power to third and fourth (blue wires) terminals - see second pic attached. Assuming that suggests bad converter - correct???

Looks like special plugs/connectors - any suggestions on where to get identical part? Can't find any numbers on it before taking out. I have a feeling cart might not run or charge if disconnected since it appears connected to on-board charger.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7775.jpg (575.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7778.jpg (380.4 KB, 0 views)
konakid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 01:05 AM   #8
konakid
Gone Wild

Cushman

Follow up from post above. Found this part for $200+ (see attachment) - looks identical.

Before ordering - does anyone know if I can check the old one first? Which outputs should I confirm if working. Apparently it says "One switched output, one un-switched output, with ignition key input"

But not sure how to check.

To repeat from previous thread - I have 12v DC power to first two terminals (yellow and white) (see pic) on key switch and cart runs fine. But no power to second two terminals for lights (both blue wires).

So - where should I check for power out of converter - from blue and white?
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2023-06-28 at 7.56.51 PM.png (537.0 KB, 0 views)
konakid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 04:05 AM   #9
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

http://www.nivelparts.com/cms/files/..._Converter.pdf

This might help. Full instructions including wiring diagram power out is red and black, power in is blue and yellow, white is the trigger wire.

Your two blue white wires on ignition switch will likely be one power in with 12 volts on it all the time probably fed from the voltage reducer via a fuse and the other should be 12 volts out to the lights when key is in second "on" position.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 12:39 PM   #10
rdwrdw44
Not Yet Wild

Ok, found the controller and a site glass with "fuse" printed on the housing. Is there a way to check this fuse?IMG_6437.jpg
rdwrdw44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO