lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2022, 06:53 PM   #71
fixed4life
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: State of Charge % incorrect

If you really want to know what your battery is doing, you need a meter/gauge that uses a shunt and keeps track of all amps in/out. Fortunately, they are not very expensive these days.

For example: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0824X5MKM...t_details&th=1
fixed4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2022, 11:28 AM   #72
kdog2018
Not Yet Wild

@Itchy75 - Did you ever get an answer ? I e-mailed about a month ago with no success. I think might just have to go thru dealer to get new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchy75 View Post
New to forums, so hello, hi, how are ya!

So, I took delivery of my 2021 I40L on 6/22/21 which has the 6 T-875 Trojan batts.

As it stands now, 9 out of 10 times, I have to perform the reset on the SOC% after achieving a full charge. I know it doesn't hinder the performance of the cart, but it is becoming quite annoying to have to do just about every time I charge it up and go to use it.

I've read through this thread and was wondering if they are still sending out new clusters. Did you get your success by emailing javier at icon or by going through Icon's website?

Thanks
kdog2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 11:36 AM   #73
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Also note these soc meters are going just off the pack voltage and are usually configured incorrectly from the factory… if you have the programming cable and software you can see the setting for this in the battery section…
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 02:58 PM   #74
BackNine29
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelandposse View Post
Just an FYI for you fellow ICON owners. After my cart was charged overnight I went to drive it this afternoon and noticed the SOC % was reading 71%. I talked to the dealer and they said that when you charge an ICON you need to switching the power switch (the one under the seat) to the "OFF" position and then recharge. The switch should be in this position every time the cart is charged. Not sure if any of you all have had this issue before but this has happened twice to me in the past five days. [emoji106]
Non-techical owner here. My dealer advised me on my new i20 with gel batteries to put the under-seat switch in the neutral position before charging. I do so and have always received a full charge.
BackNine29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 04:08 PM   #75
kdog2018
Not Yet Wild

Thanks backnin29 yea I always charge it that way weird after 6 months having this issue ... I'll try emailing again see what happens
Old 08-05-2022, 05:03 AM   #76
kdog2018
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
Also note these soc meters are going just off the pack voltage and are usually configured incorrectly from the factory… if you have the programming cable and software you can see the setting for this in the battery section…
Thanks for info I have the cable and software so what do I change in the settings for it to reset to 100 after charging ?
Old 08-13-2022, 08:39 AM   #77
stevet61
Getting Wild

I also have the cable and software. I have never modified any of the "battery" settings. What setting would need to be changed?
stevet61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 11:33 AM   #78
stevet61
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
I do not see any setting that seems to be relevant to the SOC errors we all seem to get. battery settings.jpg
stevet61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 01:30 PM   #79
__JAG__
Getting Wild

Yeah not sure about the Toyota controller, but there is parameters in the Icon controller to adjust the scaling of the %.
__JAG__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 06:36 AM   #80
Itchy75
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog2018 View Post
@Itchy75 - Did you ever get an answer ? I e-mailed about a month ago with no success. I think might just have to go thru dealer to get new one.
Dealer, Mike's Golf Carts, was supposed to get me a new one. I've been waiting quite some time and haven't heard anything.

One thing I did find out through trial and error, If I use the cart down to 50ish% left, it resets on its own every time.
Itchy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon