lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-22-2020, 09:58 AM   #1
Whodeysrt
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO RXV Elite 2.0 Lithium Voltage reducer

I recently purchased a 2020 EZGO RXV Elite Lithium 56 volt cart. I began modifying things and purchased the MadJax Light kit. I have cut all the lights in and ran all the wiring and connections. I have not hooked up the 48 Volt converter as I am questioning if it will work being this is a 56 volt Lithium. I plan on running a toggle switch on the positive wire that goes from the reducer to the battery positive in order to turn this off when not in use. My question is will this cart fry the 48 volt reducer or do they make larger reducers? I asked the vendor where i purchased the light kit from and he said he wasn't very sure on the new Lithium carts....I know the RXV is a delicate cart in terms of electronics.

Any help or recommendations would be welcome.
Whodeysrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-22-2020, 10:22 AM   #2
jhornbr225
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO RXV Elite 2.0 Lithium Voltage reducer

I have not tested it yet, but this is the one I ordered.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GNV4WGT

It claims 48-72 Volts and 35 Amps.

I'll be running 14S4P, so max charge will be 58.8V, but I won't charge that high. I plan on charging to between 56-57V.

I was considering ScottyB's Veego reducer, but the sticker I see on it says 48-55V. I know I'll be over that, so I didn't want to chance it.

The only thing I see wrong is that the amazon one is simple, and does not have a radio memory lead for constant 12V. For the small amounts of current needed for a digital radio memory lead, I'm sure I can rig something up.
jhornbr225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 11:00 AM   #3
rraquib
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Is 56v Lithium a new battery? I have a 2020 48v lithium cart, but the battery at full charge shows 55.2. In my case the MadJax lights are running directly off the battery.
rraquib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 06:33 PM   #4
jhornbr225
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Typical Li-Po battery voltage per cell is max 4.2V. nominal 3.65V.

Obviously you have to go by what the manufacturer says since your carts are factory Lithium.

If it came with a charger, I'd be measuring the voltage output of that, and then leaving a safety margin to determine maximum voltage, especially if you have regen.

I'm building my own pack for my series cart from BMW batteries from Battery Hookup, so I'm basing my data on the nominal/max voltage for those cells at 14 Cells in Series.
jhornbr225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 10:33 AM   #5
Whodeysrt
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhornbr225 View Post
I have not tested it yet, but this is the one I ordered.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GNV4WGT

It claims 48-72 Volts and 35 Amps.

I'll be running 14S4P, so max charge will be 58.8V, but I won't charge that high. I plan on charging to between 56-57V.

I was considering ScottyB's Veego reducer, but the sticker I see on it says 48-55V. I know I'll be over that, so I didn't want to chance it.

The only thing I see wrong is that the amazon one is simple, and does not have a radio memory lead for constant 12V. For the small amounts of current needed for a digital radio memory lead, I'm sure I can rig something up.

The one included in the kit is 36-60 they claim....so I’m hoping it will work....
Old 12-23-2020, 12:14 PM   #6
Toyoguru
Not Yet Wild

What’s the expected amperage draw of the additional lights and such you plan to add?
There should already be a 48-12volt reducer rated for 20 amps on the cart, located under the seat on the drivers side. There are also two male insulated spades on the opposite (passenger side) at the fuse box. I just had to add fuses to use the two terminals.

If you do need additional 12volt power, a 48-12 reducer will work and you can wire it straight to the terminals on the lithium pack, as those terminals go to zero volts with the key off, or at least that’s how it works on my 2021 S4 elite
Toyoguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 06:31 PM   #7
Whodeysrt
Not Yet Wild

The light kit I installed had the reducer included. I hooked it up with a toggle switch because I had one sitting around...everything works great and very happy with the madjax led kit. All the wiring goes to the turn signal mount including 2 extra inputs for auxiliary lights. Thanks for all the input!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO