lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2021, 04:22 PM   #1
crashxx
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Which Lithium Battery?

Hello all, I'm new here. Not much of a golfer but my neighbor is and he's gotten me interested in it. I've been wanting an electric cart for a while as we live on 8 acres and I thought that would be nice for around the house instead of starting one of our side by sides every time we want to go next door or to the barn. I have acquired a 96' EZGO TXT. I have ordered the Navitas DC to AC 5kw kit and a Jakes long travel and their front disc brake kit. Now I'm trying to figure out which battery to get. I see the RoyPow and Big Battery. I like the fact that the big battery has twice the warranty. I want to make sure whatever battery I get is not the bottle neck on power delivery. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
crashxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2021, 08:35 PM   #2
phlydude
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Which Lithium Battery?

If you are setting your cart up to go fast quickly or pop wheelies, I’ve seen where RoyPow can restrict power during high demand situations and BigBattery handles the max amps better.
phlydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 02:25 PM   #3
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

There are a couple people who are using Eco Battery on the forum too. Supposedly Eco Battery just upgraded their BMS components too so that they're basically like the High Performance "P" series RoyPow.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 04:57 PM   #4
Scott quail
Gone Wild

Depending on the roy pow. The S5156 56ah and the S51105 105ah will only put out 200 amps for 10 seconds and then they shut off to protect the pack. Not good for hills or a cart with any kind of speed upgrade. They make another one that puts out 315 amps for 30 seconds which is great if you can get one. Allied battery makes 48 volt lithium batteries that are the size of a standard 8 volt but they are expensive and they are 30ah. So a stock non lifted cart needs at least 2 batteries. Just a little insight. Ive installed both roy pow and allied. Roy pows are great as long as youre not climbing hills or if you dont have a big motor and controller.
Scott quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 02:10 PM   #5
MaximumOverdrive
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

If you want power then go with a Big Battery Husky.
MaximumOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 02:16 PM   #6
crashxx
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I did end up with the Husky 48v. All ready to go, just waiting on the body to get out of paint.
crashxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 03:57 PM   #7
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashxx View Post
I did end up with the Husky 48v. All ready to go, just waiting on the body to get out of paint.
I took a peek at the Big Battery Husky specs and for the price, I think it's a pretty good "plug 'n play" deal. [URL=" ,,,,,,,,,,/URL]

The items I noticed that I thought were impressive was the pack weight of 100-lbs, and the max peak draw of 350amps for a 6 second time frame.

I couldn't find out how you would reset the BMS if you would happen to trip the 350amp setting.

They also show the "Max Charge Current" of 90amps.....which is high. But I couldn't find if that's what the charger that comes with the kit is set up to charge at 90amps.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 04:56 PM   #8
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

The BMS should auto reset when the charge current drops.

I’d say 90A is max BMS charge current, not the charger current. 90A at 57v is 5130W, that’s a huge amount of power to draw from a standard receptacle. It would equate to 42.75A from your 120v outlet, not allowing for losses, probably closer to 47-50A in reality.
Pat911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 06:10 PM   #9
expoman55
Getting Wild
Club Car

So Id like to jump in on this old thread and renew it.. I am trading in my Yami Gas Drive and going to a just refreshed and customized Club Car precedent. New batteries, new charger ( lead acid argh) and everything else new also.
I am thinking of selling the Lead acid and going to a lithium pack. I use the buggy for fun around the community, some yard work, perhaps a little ( minor) off roading . pulling a small trailer around the yard for maintenance but nothing huge.
It is lifted and has a new High speed Motor in it but factory controller. What do ya'll recommend based on my points above. I really hate the throught of the lead acid and wanted to get LI but the builder had already put the Lead acid in the buggy just 2 weeks ago. Looking for your recommendations
expoman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 08:53 PM   #10
nonomac4
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by expoman55 View Post
So Id like to jump in on this old thread and renew it.. I am trading in my Yami Gas Drive and going to a just refreshed and customized Club Car precedent. New batteries, new charger ( lead acid argh) and everything else new also.
I am thinking of selling the Lead acid and going to a lithium pack. I use the buggy for fun around the community, some yard work, perhaps a little ( minor) off roading . pulling a small trailer around the yard for maintenance but nothing huge.
It is lifted and has a new High speed Motor in it but factory controller. What do ya'll recommend based on my points above. I really hate the throught of the lead acid and wanted to get LI but the builder had already put the Lead acid in the buggy just 2 weeks ago. Looking for your recommendations

Eco Battery for sure.
nonomac4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!