lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2022, 10:22 PM   #1
BigScott
Not Yet Wild

Default Predator 670 carb issue

My predator 670 won’t idle below 1000 rpm, so I decided to drill out the idle jets. Let’s just say that didn’t work out 😂. So I’m trying to find replacement idle jets or find a different card that would work better. Does anyone know were I can order the stock idle jets or possibly bigger ones. Was also looking at the carb kit that performance 670 offers and was wondering if anyone has used it and what their thoughts are on it. I am running the stock exhaust on the 670 and wondered if it would run lean on the one cylinder if I went that route. I’m trying to get it to idle lower so it will shift into gear without shutting it off. It is in a 98 cc ds. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
BigScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2022, 07:30 AM   #2
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Predator 670 carb issue

You might want to look at performance 670's site. Also tons of 670 carb tuning videos on youtube.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 11:21 AM   #3
BigScott
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, performance 670 doesn’t list any idle jets for the carb and I’ve searched thru YouTube but haven’t found where anyone has changed out the idle jets.
BigScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 06:59 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

These carbs on the small engines were never designed to idle, just designed to run at wot or 3600 rpm or so, basically governor speed. I've tried on several vtwins to get them to idle down, no luck. The only thing I got to idle low like that was a Mikuni carb, which by the way, was a way better deal. Way smoother, better response, idled at about 800, way better top end rpm performance.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 03:11 PM   #5
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

You might want to look at " Power equipment man" video on Youtube about tuning a 670 in a golf cart. He is a Pro builder and figured out to get the 670 with a modified stock carb to run great.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 11:43 AM   #6
kellett5261
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigScott View Post
Thanks, performance 670 doesn’t list any idle jets for the carb and I’ve searched thru YouTube but haven’t found where anyone has changed out the idle jets.
just order a welding file tip cleaner or get one from your local Depot and match the jet sizes with the largest jet. also make sure your engine is as "level" as it can be, to much pitch will make it run like crap.
kellett5261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!