lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2022, 08:28 AM   #1
bobby_chompers
Not Yet Wild

Default Dakota Lithium 48v 96ah installed in 2012 Precedent

Successfully installed my new Dakota battery this week replacing 6 8v lead acid batteries. I will post photos and instructions later. I bought the Victron Energy gauge they recommended and sell through their website and I can check the status of the battery on my phone via bluetooth which is fun.

I've driven at least 17 miles with a good portion of that 'all out' and I still have 48% battery remaining. I have an upgraded motor in my cart. I don't exactly know what it is but I used to get 26mph on a flat road. I now get 29mph on flat roads and I am still pulling 22mph up a hill that used to slow me down to 12-14mph. Pretty awesome.

I have some wire clean up to do and I have not installed the charger permanently into the cart - when I finish up I'll post some photos.
bobby_chompers is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2022, 08:48 AM   #2
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Dakota Lithium 48v 96ah installed in 2012 Precedent

Nice upgrade, almost done with my roypow upgrade, similar results, picked up some mph and better acceleration up hills etc due to the decrease i weight I assume :)
mrmotoguzzi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 08:57 AM   #3
bobby_chompers
Not Yet Wild

I've had the cart for years but I've never had to do much with it until now so I didn't know much about how they work. I was concerned about the amp draw with the upgraded motor but I can watch the app tell me live stats about current and I'm not pulling more than 120-130amps at full speed/up hills/from a dead stop etc. The Curtis controller on the cart has a 250A sticker on it and the Dakota battery said not to exceed 240 but it doesn't look like I could hit 200 even if I tried.

My kids aren't old enough to drive the cart yet but I am already contemplating some kind of valet mode that slows it down... they don't need to go 29mph.
Old 08-01-2022, 01:39 PM   #4
womsterr
Not Yet Wild

May I ask what this ran you all together?
womsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 09:27 PM   #5
bobby_chompers
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by womsterr View Post
May I ask what this ran you all together?
$3k

Dakota has an 11 year warranty hopefully it actually lasts that long. Although more likely I'll end up with a new Onward before that many years go by. Neighbors waiting 12 months+ to get theirs so went for the upgrade route on my existing cart which I will drive for at least a few more years.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car