lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2022, 02:21 AM   #1
WaylandSmith
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Smile Coil Replacement

Hey everyone, I have a 1990 EZGO 3pg with no spark. After researching this board I found very valuable information about how to test my ignition system. After a thorough look at all the different components in my ignition system, I have (thru deductive reasoning) determined my igniter is defective. In the process of working on my cart, my neighbor decided to test my spark plug wire. After trying to pull it off the ignition coil unsuccessfully, he gave her the ol heav ho and yanked it loose. Now I’m left with a dilemma, do I risk buying a replacement plug wire that threads onto the coil and getting it properly screwed into the coil or do I replace the coil with a more modern connector for the plug wire. I don’t want to upgrade to the HEI ignition so my question is . . . Can I replace my ignition coil with a modern snap on plug wire instead of the threaded plug wire that requires no other component upgrades? Still use Factory igniter? Thanks in advance.
WaylandSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2022, 10:34 AM   #2
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Coil Replacement

Coil wire is cheap and you can get it by the foot, I'd replace it with a new one. Just make sure to get the same type (core) as the old one so take it with you to match, if the 90 is the same as my 85 they simply screw in to the coil.
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 07:39 PM   #3
skingfire@aol.com
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Coil Replacement

Why not upgrade to HEI ignition?

Last edited by skingfire@aol.com; 08-05-2022 at 07:45 PM.. Reason: change word
skingfire@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO