lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2022, 05:37 PM   #1
Waterluvr
Not Yet Wild

Default 2013 Club Car 48 volt won't go forward or reverse

Been trying to figure out what is and isn't working right to troubleshoot this, when I turn on the key I get power on both sides of the solenoid.

When I step on the accelerator I get a nice audible sound out of the solenoid, voltages equalize at around 50 volts batteries are fully charged.

With the switch in the run position and the accelerator pedal pressed I can roll the cart forward or backwards and get a series of beeps when I do.

Buzzer works in the reverse position, sometimes when the accelerator is pushed down it tries to move either way for a very brief seconds time.

Have done the OBC reset in the sticky with no joy. Any ideas?
Waterluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2022, 07:21 PM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2013 Club Car 48 volt won't go forward or reverse

Do this with the cart jacked up.

With everything set to run in forward, check voltage across the large solenoid terminals when you push the accelerator. If the solenoid is working properly, you should drop to near zero volts. If the solenoid clicks but you still read voltage across it, the solenoid is defective.

Release the pedal. Check for voltage between B+ and B- on the controller. Push the pedal. You should read pack voltage. If you do, the motor should be running.

If the motor isn't running, the controller is defective or the control inputs to the controller are not made. This would be the tow/run, key switch, throttle foot switch, or FNR switch.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 07:01 AM   #3
Waterluvr
Not Yet Wild

Thank you! I will be back to it's location in a couple days and will get it in the air and run these tests and report back.
Old 08-10-2022, 02:57 PM   #4
Waterluvr
Not Yet Wild

Did the voltage drop test, get a good click from the solenoid with the pedal depressed in forward with no voltage drop across the large terminals.

I'll get a replacement installed and report back.
Old 08-10-2022, 06:05 PM   #5
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterluvr View Post
Did the voltage drop test, get a good click from the solenoid with the pedal depressed in forward with no voltage drop across the large terminals.

I'll get a replacement installed and report back.
That should do it for you.

The solenoid has two diodes, one on the coil terminals and one on the power terminals. Make sure the ends of the diode with the stripe are on the positive wires going to the solenoid on both the coil and the power terminals.
Old 08-11-2022, 04:22 PM   #6
Waterluvr
Not Yet Wild

I got the new solenoid in paying attention to orientation of the diode, no changes unfortunately still do not have a voltage drop across the terminals i do have a nice audible click when accelerator is pressed.
Old 08-12-2022, 08:39 AM   #7
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterluvr View Post
I got the new solenoid in paying attention to orientation of the diode, no changes unfortunately still do not have a voltage drop across the terminals i do have a nice audible click when accelerator is pressed.
Are you saying when the solenoid clicks, you still have pack voltage across the large terminals? This is measured from one terminal to the other, not to pack negative, right?

I asked in post #2 if you have voltage from B+ to B- on the controller when you push the pedal. Do you have it now?

There is an outside chance that the three wire plug at the MCOR is not making contact. It still could be the controller but that is one more thing to check. With power off to the cart, unplug the connector at the controller. Check ohms between pins 1 and 2 and between 2 and 3 as you run the accelerator up and down.

I am running out of ideas here without an actual hands-on to the problem.
Old 08-22-2022, 07:34 AM   #8
Waterluvr
Not Yet Wild

Update on this, and a thank you to Tom for all his help this is a really nice clean cart that ran fine when purchased last fall and all this spring but have had issues with batteries going dead after a few days of sitting lately and now this.

This got really frustrating troubleshooting it, solenoid was installed and tested properly but had issues with testing the controller and MCOR and there was all kinds of corrosion everywhere farther I got into it.

Enlisted the help of a shop that has a scan tool and the initial call back was multiple codes and some head scratching on their end.

Next call back was "this cart was 100% under water at some point in it's life" and ironically we keep it at a marina now to shuttle fish boxes and customers around with but you'd know if it went swimming off a sea wall lol.

It got bought that way last fall and here we are.

So they are working on cleaning up wiring, changing out some connections and replacing the controller.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car