lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2017, 05:16 PM   #1
obeewanton
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Got some wheels..well sort of

So if you didn't know.. I do a lot of digital media and graphics, automotive, buildings, boats .. you name it.

A little background story first..
So as I was wrapping my own cart today my neighbor down the street texted me and sent me photos of his new wheelset on his cart. As I was complimenting him on his new acquired wheels I asked about his old set. Well... I asked him how much he was willing to let them go for. He replied " If you wrap my cart , you can have them". I said "deal". He then replied " Hey.. I'll drop them off right now and we can discuss colors."

So here they are.

The problem.. I have a stock suspension on my EZGO.. I mean im sporting the 8" EZGO rollers.. He mentions " Oh they'll fit a non-lifted cart...

...Bull.

So my thing is now.. I have these nice set of wheels and tires I can't use. I really like the wheels. So I go to my local swap groups on facebook and posted a ad to trade with someone that has low profiles tires.. Like 30 series 10".. Is this something that is in demand? What are my cost? Do I even have cost if I'm willing to part with the tires? What can I do in this scenario that wont cost me more? The wrap itself isn't going to break me.. I just don't know if I got a deal or not.

Sorry for the long post but, I need advice. Thanks!
obeewanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-25-2017, 05:23 PM   #2
obeewanton
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Got some wheels..well sort of

Forgot to mention.. I don't want to do a lift..
Old 01-25-2017, 06:28 PM   #3
mutley
Not Yet Wild

You shouldn't need a 30 series tire.
205/50-10 tires will fit as they are ~18" total diameter (very close to stock size)
205/65-10 tires *might* fit as they are ~20.5" total diameter.

From what I have read, 20" total diameter is the max on a non lifted ez-go. Obviously offset & tire width will also be a factor, but those wheels look like medusa so standard offset.

I can't help you with "if you got a deal" or not, as I'm not sure the cost of a wrap. New price on those wheels is $50 each, and tires ~$50 each, so $400 cost for all 4 brand new. But the tires are useless to you, so obviously factor that in.
mutley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 09:52 AM   #4
obeewanton
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutley View Post
You shouldn't need a 30 series tire.
205/50-10 tires will fit as they are ~18" total diameter (very close to stock size)
205/65-10 tires *might* fit as they are ~20.5" total diameter.

From what I have read, 20" total diameter is the max on a non lifted ez-go. Obviously offset & tire width will also be a factor, but those wheels look like medusa so standard offset.

I can't help you with "if you got a deal" or not, as I'm not sure the cost of a wrap. New price on those wheels is $50 each, and tires ~$50 each, so $400 cost for all 4 brand new. But the tires are useless to you, so obviously factor that in.

Thanks! Since my post, I was contacted by a GC parts dealer from my Facebook ad, 2 hours away that offered to trade for some 205/50's. So all is good.

Tags
lawnpro
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO