lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2020, 03:06 PM   #1
PESCADO
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default 2020 Yamaha Golf Cart Jakes 6" Spindle vs All Sports A Arm Review

I was in the unique position to try out both of these lifts on the EXACT same cart and thought it would be helpful for someone trying to decide.
Cart info is in signature...
This started out with the dealer I purchased my cart from installed the wrong lift and I had to wait 2-3 weeks for correct one to be shipped.
I was open minded and decided to give the "wrong" lift a try until the correct one came in.
This is not meant to be a brand comparison instead it is more about the 2 different style lifts.

Jakes 6" Spindle lift - I had a 3" Spindle lift on my previous cart(2011 Yamaha G29 Gas Concierge) and although I did not have any issues I longed for a better quality ride and tighter turning radius.
The dealer installed a Jakes 6" Spindle Lift on my new cart and due to the wait for an A Arm I decided to be open minded and take it home.
I was really hoping to be fine with this lift and be done with my cart build however as soon as we started using cart for the weekend I knew it wasn't going to work.
The same rough ride that I remembered was present and you could literally feel the carts suspension struggle as I drove over a curb or rough terrain.
Due to the carts independent rear suspension there was a slight improvement for rear passengers but the jarring effect in the front was still there.
The steering radius seemed improved over my previous 3" spindle lift.
I do like the stiff/sport ride of the spindle lift on the street driving at high speeds however in any other circumstance I was not a fan.
I had cart for approx 2 weeks & approx 7 hours drive time with this lift.

All Sports 6" A Arm lift - I have never owned an A Arm lift in fact I don't think I have ever driven a cart with one. I did know that I wanted something that would ride better than my last cart and everything pointed to an A Arm kit.
All it took was loading the cart into my trailer and I noticed a huge improvement.
We took it home and drove approx 10 miles in fields, on the trails and streets. The difference was pretty amazing.
The same bumps I have traveled over hundreds of times were now not felt at all.
It was really night & day difference.
I did notice that at high speeds on the street the cart felt slightly "mushy" but it was not even close to being dangerous or out of control.

After trying out both on the same cart I would highly recommend waiting out the crazy long COVID back order times and spending the minimum additional $ for the A Arm ride quality.
PESCADO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts