lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2016, 02:39 PM   #1
flafishergal
Not Yet Wild

Default Night of the Living Dead? Cart works, then doesn't, then does, then...

2010 CC Precedent 48 v (6 / 8 volts). All was fine, great speed, charging well although the charger seemed hotter than usual. Went to go the next day and it's totally dead. Lights come on, solenoid clicking.

Checked on the board here and went to clear the OBC. Cleared the OBC and viola, it's working!

But the plot thickens...

Decided to charge the batteries fully today. Checked each battery and all were in the 8.05 range except one which was reading 8.0. No cables look bad, etc.

But went to go again... dead cart again. Cleared the OBC again. No success.

What do the Buggie Brains here think it might be?
flafishergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2016, 03:01 PM   #2
glassk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Night of the Living Dead? Cart works, then doesn't, then does, then...

Batteries are at 50%,...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg StateOfCharge 50%.jpg (78.2 KB, 0 views)
glassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 04:17 PM   #3
flafishergal
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Night of the Living Dead? Cart works, then doesn't, then does, then...

The charger did turn off and appear to fully charge these batteries. Could this cause the cart to not move at all? Yet just the day before it did?

How else can I confirm if these batteries are the issue?
Old 05-13-2016, 04:57 PM   #4
flafishergal
Not Yet Wild

BTW, they are Crowne CR 190 batteries and I was told that they were newer when I got the cart a few months ago but I can't figure out where the date code is for these batteries.
Old 05-13-2016, 05:16 PM   #5
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by flafishergal View Post
The charger did turn off and appear to fully charge these batteries. Could this cause the cart to not move at all? Yet just the day before it did?

How else can I confirm if these batteries are the issue?
Worried that your batteries are not charged in that you checked them with a handheld meter and they show 8.0 volts. that is but 50 % SOC and is considered all but dead... Try hooking up the charger as per your norm and report back to us what is happening IE did the amp meter on the charger rise toward 15 or so amps? Batteries that are this discharged should charge for upwards of 16 hours too...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 05:16 PM   #6
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Date code: Look for engraving on the case near the Neg terminal. May have to clean to see it. Will be a combination of several letters and numbers. Post what it says.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 06:36 PM   #7
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

I don't see any mention about the electrolyte level in the batteries.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 06:57 PM   #8
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
I don't see any mention about the electrolyte level in the batteries.
And your right, natural assumption that it is checked regularly when in fact it is not....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 06:59 PM   #9
flafishergal
Not Yet Wild

How to check the electrolyte levels? I remember having some kind of suction looking thing-- is that is? lol

The batteries are G111 code so I think that means from 2011, so quite a bit older than I expected. But I still don't want to give up on the batteries until I'm sure they're cooked. They were working perfectly up until now-- cart had tons of pep and went a long way without dying.

We had Trojans on our last cart that were over 5 years old, but we were very loving with them. This is a new-to-us-cart so I don't know.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:06 PM   #10
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
How to check the electrolyte levels?
Take the battery caps off and look to see if you see liquid. If not fill to a quarter inch of the bottom of the fill port. If that's not clear let me know and I'll send a picture. oops with distilled water
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car