lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2022, 08:57 AM   #11
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Continuous Discharge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
EB told me they should have their supply chain going smooth within a few weeks.

As far as a difference, in normal operation, fairly flat ground, amp draw shouldn't be an issue. I have never seen more than 94 amps on mine going flat out from a dead stop to 26mph with 4 riders, at which point it leveled of around 50 amps.

The ampere hour rating will decide how many hours you can ride at a certain amp draw. If I kept mine at 94 amps for 45 minutes, the battery would be dead or nearly so.
Must be pretty flat where you live\drive. Here in Pennsylvania where hills are hills and mountains are mountains, it takes some pretty good amp draws to climb some short steep hills and some longer "mountain" type hills. As you can see from this snippet of my controller data, for about 1 second (which is short or long depending upon what's going on) my cart draw was maxed at 392AMPS. I do go up the hill though!!

DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-06-2022, 09:11 AM   #12
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Battery current is what matters for max current draw. Motor and battery current are not the same on your chart.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 10:58 AM   #13
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Yeah....I'm not an engineer so I don't understand the difference. But the motor current was at 219.

Alltrax definitions:

Output Current:
This is the measured output or motor current of the controller, accuracy +/-10%

Battery Current:
This is the calculated input or battery current to the controller. It is calculated as: Battery current = motor current x throttle position %. It is accurate, given that motor current is continuous (which it generally is with any series motor), not discontinuous. Accuracy: +/- 10%

So, I guess since BC = MC x Throttle position, I would assume that the battery pack is "ready" to provide the 392amps if I were to push the throttle peddle to the floor. (100%)?
Old 02-06-2022, 12:56 PM   #14
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Your chart says the 219 is "Battery Current" Do you have the labels wrong? The way the controller chops the current and the motor inductance makes the motor current and battery current different. They will be the same or close to it at full throttle. But starting out under load, they can be quite different.
Old 02-06-2022, 03:32 PM   #15
DaveTM
Gone Wild

The labels on the spreadsheet were "put there" by the Alltrax program. I had nothing to do with that.

But if I follow the Alltrax definitions, my Output Current of 392, x the Throttle Position of .56 gives you the correct number of 219 that's in the Battery Current column.
Old 02-06-2022, 03:37 PM   #16
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

So it looks like Output Current is just about equal to Motor Current. Battery current for your high current cases is much lower. That is probably either RMS or Average battery current. The peak current is much higher than that because the current is chopped by the controller.
Old 02-06-2022, 04:34 PM   #17
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Must be pretty flat where you live\drive. Here in Pennsylvania where hills are hills and mountains are mountains, it takes some pretty good amp draws to climb some short steep hills and some longer "mountain" type hills. As you can see from this snippet of my controller data, for about 1 second (which is short or long depending upon what's going on) my cart draw was maxed at 392AMPS. I do go up the hill though!!
How do you get back home if you only go down the hills?

Seriously, it is dead boring, flat here. I had my throttle response set at 30% to get the 94 peak amps. Dead stop to 26 mph took 8 seconds or so.

I adjusted the throttle response to 45% and saw 139 amps at one point. This was with just me and my navigator on board. The pedal was floored from a stop, and about halfway to the top speed I saw the 139 amps. From the half speed to the top speed, the amps actually started dropping off. I like the throttle better at this setting so will leave it there.

This is just my extraordinary Eco Battery doing it's thing. Other, less perfect batteries may experience much more amp draw.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 05:20 PM   #18
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

I noticed your battery voltage is lower than normal. Fully charged you should see around 53 volts or do the Lithium Leaf cells operate at a lower voltage. At the highest amp of 392, your voltage is the lowest at only 42.2.

As the voltage drops, the amps will rise. Is what you are seeing possibly normal for your setup?
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 06:13 PM   #19
jhornbr225
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

For this battery Amps Vs. Motor Amps, this is how I like to think of it.

Power is power, regardless of whether it's input power or output power. Obviously, there will be some losses whenever you convert power, but for most of our modern controller, those should be small.

Motor Volts = speed. So at slow speeds, the voltage on the motor is low, but the amps will be high. Since the battery is basically a fixed voltage,(minus any voltage sag), and power into the controller is basically equal to the power out, the input current (Battery current) will be low.

If motor volts are 5, and motor amps are 100, then it's 500 watts.

If battery volts are 48V, and the power required is 500 watts, then battery current is 10.4A.

As the motor speed increases, and the motor amp draw remains the same, then the battery amps will rise.

Motor amps = torque. The more work you demand from the motor, the more torque is required, ie Hills and Acceleration.
jhornbr225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 06:15 PM   #20
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

The leaf cells should hold up well to high load.

What the voltage sag indicates is high resistance bus bars, connections not torqued down enough, or inadequate cabling
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO