lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2022, 05:09 PM   #1
JupiterIcon
Not Yet Wild

Default Help needed diagnosing my 2020 I40L

Here’s the story.
I took my cart to the gym with no issues.
Before going in, I flipped the toggle under the seat to off.
When I came back out, I flipped the toggle to on and the switch was basically broken and I had to get the cart transported home.
I could not get the cart to turn on and I had to get underneath and tighten the magnetic brake screws to get it rolling.
The toggle was broken and the associated fuse was blown so I disconnected the battery cables and replaced both.
(I removed the switch module and wired it up correctly)
I then re connected the battery again and turned the key and there is still no power.

Anyone have any ideas what the issue could be?
What should I check next?
Should I try to charge?
JupiterIcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2022, 05:30 PM   #2
ecampbell54
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Help needed diagnosing my 2020 I40L

If it were me, I'd start by testing what I changed. I'd pull the new switch and bench test it with a volt meter. Once I knew the switch was 100%, I'd maybe try jumping the wires (instead of using switch). If still no power, would start pulling and testing every fuse I could find and checking every connection I could find. If those are all good, I'd try jumping the ignition switch to make sure no issue there. Once all the easy stuff is done, I'd start trying to test individual big components, (Relay, Controller, Motor) to zero in on what might be broke.

.... or take it to a dealer

At best maybe your switch is wired wrong, at worst the controller is toast from some sort of electrical short or issue getting it home. Answer is likely somewhere in the middle.

Good luck!
ecampbell54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon