lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2010, 09:01 PM   #1
stevesmitty79
Not Yet Wild

Default Battery kill switch amperage and location question...

Hey all. Been a while.

I have an 03 TXT and I want some theft protection since some thieves have been in the neighborhood. I keep my cart outside.

I will change out the key switch with something different, but as an added measure, I'd like to add a battery kill switch with a removable key like this one:

Amazon.com: Pico 5575PT 500amp Momentary 350amp Contiual Battery Isolator / Power Cut-Off Switch: Automotive Amazon.com: Pico 5575PT 500amp Momentary 350amp Contiual Battery Isolator / Power Cut-Off Switch: Automotive

Says 12v 350 amps continuous. Is this sufficient for a battery bank?

Also, can I mount the switch between the third and fourth batteries? Would killing it in the middle also work? The reason is I have room to mount a locked box under on the driver's side and put the switch in that.

My last thought is would the amperage be less on the backside of the bank on the last negative post as opposed to the main positive connection if the amp rating is an issue?

Thanks for any feedback.
stevesmitty79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2010, 12:22 PM   #2
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Re: Battery kill switch amperage and location question...

That amperage rated switch will work fine and can be mounted anywhere in the battery system.
You can also use an alarm system or some other items like these:

dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:35 PM   #3
stevesmitty79
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Battery kill switch amperage and location question...

Thanks for the info Doug.

Funny you mention that steering club. I saw one somewhere in my online travels. It had one review that claimed someone stole the cart that night and left the club on the ground. When they found it, the plastic steering wheel had been sawed through. I had a good laugh and saw that the item was no longer available.
stevesmitty79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO