lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2012, 12:23 PM   #1
sloppydogdrool
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Star Golf Cart Rough Riding Suspension

I have a new Star golf cart I just bought end of the year. It does have over sized wheels and it rides really hard. I've been on other carts with large wheels that don't ride nearly as rough. Is there anything I can do to soften the ride?
sloppydogdrool is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2015, 01:34 PM   #2
Bruce@BLBennett.com
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Star Golf Cart Rough Riding Suspension

I have the same problem with a Star cart-how did you resolve the problem?
Bruce@BLBennett.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 01:44 PM   #3
sloppydogdrool
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Star Golf Cart Rough Riding Suspension

I sold it. The next best thing I can tell you is a big tire and a small wheel and run the air pressure as low as possible. Look at the tire you have and there are placed online that you can compare the actual dimensions of your tire to another. Find out the offset and how small a diameter rim you can get away with and calculate it to the tallest tire and smallest diameter wheel you can get. Even going from a 12 to a 10" wheel makes a huge difference. Just don't get a tire that is more than 4 ply or you'll be back in the same boat.

I went thru this with my brothers western golf cart. The Western uses an ezgo chassis but stiffer rear springs than standard fleet cart ezgo. I dropped him from a 12" rim to 12" and increase the diameter of his tire. So he had a lot more sidewall. His ride improved immensely.

Hope this helps but you still have to some research on your own.
sloppydogdrool is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay