lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-30-2010, 08:23 AM   #21
ggwearsch
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Battery breakin or break in procedure procedures

Very good information, thanks to all for this very important information! Thanks to Scottyb for putting it all together!
My 90 year old neighbor just purchased battery's from Battery Plus (not the best but what he could afford) and the installer told him they were charged and ready to go. I had told him before the purchase how it should be done using the information from this forum and he related this to the installer who had no clue.
ggwearsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-30-2010, 08:28 AM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Properly used and maintained cheap batteries can outlast the most expensive abused batteries
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:32 AM   #23
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Scottyb-- Duhh What Did He Say???? Right On, Maybe If The Info Gets Drilled Enough They Will Learn?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:36 AM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD MEC View Post
Scottyb-- Duhh What Did He Say???? Right On, Maybe If The Info Gets Drilled Enough They Will Learn?
WHat I say is posted above
What they hear is New battery blah, blah, blah....
Old 01-30-2010, 08:38 AM   #25
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

SCOTTYB-- What are you doing up so early? Its only 5:38 on west coast?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:40 AM   #26
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Been up for awhile
Wife is about out the door for a horse show
Old 10-31-2010, 12:42 PM   #27
bxhock
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
this is how i exp;laine it to customers and it has never failed me........brand new batteries are approx70 to 75% so once they are installed ( correctly ) the 1st 10 to 12 complete charge/discharge cycles are as follows plug charger in and leave it alone until charger shuts off by itself than drive cart to about 50% battery life and plug back in and repeat charge cycle.......very important you leave it charge until its completly done and this is what you want to do 10 to 12 times ......by the 12th time you,ll notice a differtence in powr/speed and runtime.........i have never had a customer say they havn,t........ther most common comment i get is wow its like a different cart..........thats the break inperiod pretty simple wouldn,t you say..........while doing this keep an eye on water level as i have sen it take 16 hours or better the 1st few times as they break in you,ll notice charge time gets less also........................after that the 2nd most important thig is maintaining the batteries........very critical you get into a ruintine of spending a whole 20 minutes a few times a month to keep things in good/clean and tight condition to get a lot more time out of your batteries......................................... ..............
I kinda stumbled on this site out of frustration. I recently purchased 4 new trojan 12V batts for my club car prec. The dealer never mentioned a break-in and they installed the batts. I have had rapid discharge probs from the start and even went to the dealer to complain/seek help. They quickly responded "parasitic discharge" probably due to a bad connection. I said OK you guys installed so you can come and check. They weren't happy. Out of dumb luck I have been recharging as you recommend. I used the cart on Friday (today Sunday) and for the first time I notice it is still at full charge although I have not put on the charger. So I am thinking that unknowingly I have been breaking them in and now they are working near normal. I will use the cart today, and if still UP, tomorrow. If they show some drain after today I'll charge for t'mrrw. Looks like I lucked out in finding this site, Thanks. The dealer is coming by to put a volt meter on the cart to check for unusual discharge. I guess I'll wait until tomorrow to tell them it "fixed itself".

Last edited by bxhock; 10-31-2010 at 12:45 PM.. Reason: spelling
bxhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car