lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2009, 08:54 PM   #1
cmac223
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Jakes lift fix

Someone may have already posted about this but I thought I would share. I bought an 06 Club Car Precedent a few weeks ago. It was completely stock, so I purchased all the accessories and went right to work on the Jake's lift kit. When done, I took it for a test drive and it felt like the wheels were about to fall off. After close inspection I noticed that there was about 1/8 in gap between the king pin and the bracket that it attaches to. I thought I did something wrong or didn't receive all the parts.Well come to find out there was a design flaw. The fix? I placed a water hose washer on top of the king pin and attached it to the bracket. No more movement!
cmac223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-01-2010, 03:17 PM   #2
dgcurtis
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Jakes lift fix

Ah. I think this is the same problem I'm running into. I have a Jake's 3" spindle lift kit and if I go over a slight bump, it sounds like the king pin is hitting against the new spindle assembly.

I put my jack under the front center and if I quickly lift up one of the tires, the king pin is hitting against the new spindle assembly. I can see that there is about 1/8th (maybe more) of a gap between the king pin and the spindle. If I lift up the tire, the gap is then between the control arm bracket spindle. The spacers are there but I guess they weren't big enough?

Thanks,

DGC
dgcurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:07 PM   #3
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

CMAC I'm not having that problem at all. Do you have a 3 or 6 inch lift. I would call Jakes just to make sure. Any chance you can provide a pic of that fix?
easydoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:30 PM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Dont shade tree this fix, front suspension too important call Jakes and get proper fix. They like to hear of any problems and always willing to come up with fixes or explain what was done wrong.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:07 PM   #5
dgcurtis
Getting Wild

Club Car

Ok. I will give them a call tomorrow.

Just as a side note: the original post was a year ago.

Thanks,

DGC
Old 11-02-2010, 03:36 PM   #6
dgcurtis
Getting Wild

Club Car

I just got off the phone with Jake's. It seems that with the Precedent, they stopped using the wave washer on the king pin. They had a customer with a similar issue and they used the same wave washer that is used on the DS.

I am going to see if my local Club Car dealer has any in stock.

In case anyone is interested, the CC part # is 1016389.
Thanks,

DGC
Old 11-03-2010, 03:30 PM   #7
dgcurtis
Getting Wild

Club Car

The one thing I forgot to ask: does the wave washer go just under the control arm bracket on the king pin or does it go under the spindle assembly on the king ping?

Thanks,

DGC
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car