lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2010, 09:04 PM   #11
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Default Re: Strange Braking Issue

Right side brakes were fine and seem to be wearing fine.

Loosewire, since your problem started after you installed the lift and if you didn't do anything differently with your brakes, what the others have said about twisting axle or binding cables are more than likely the case for you. Mine seems to be a bit different but with the same symptoms.

Good luck... and thanks indirectly for getting me off my butt to check on my own problem!
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-18-2010, 07:03 PM   #12
scubabud

Club Car

Installed a new steering wheel and adapter that I purchased from Tom at CPP today and took the cart out for a long spin, testing the brakes after I rounded out the front shoe on the left brake... Perfect without anymore bind and no drag on the cart, (can move it back and forth by hand.)

Loosewire, did you check yours for twisting axle or binding cables? Did you fix your problem with your brakes?
Old 02-18-2010, 07:56 PM   #13
sb2bb
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Had the same thing with my cart and it was the parking brake. Make sure it is releasing all the way, mine was not. I pulled the entire pedal system out and took a torch to it to free up the parking brake mechanism. Remember, you may think its releasing all the way but 1/2" will cause the brakes to lock up when you are depressing the brake pedal. To test, grab the little parking break pedal and pull back on it.
sb2bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:50 PM   #14
Loosewire
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
Installed a new steering wheel and adapter that I purchased from Tom at CPP today and took the cart out for a long spin, testing the brakes after I rounded out the front shoe on the left brake... Perfect without anymore bind and no drag on the cart, (can move it back and forth by hand.)

Loosewire, did you check yours for twisting axle or binding cables? Did you fix your problem with your brakes?
Yes...this morning I checked it out and it is a combination of the axle wrapping and the cables binding in the wire hangers. I am going to re-route the brake cables through some eye bolts so that there will be less stress on the cables. I hope to do that tomorrow.
Loosewire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:00 PM   #15
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosewire View Post
Yes...this morning I checked it out and it is a combination of the axle wrapping and the cables binding in the wire hangers. I am going to re-route the brake cables through some eye bolts so that there will be less stress on the cables. I hope to do that tomorrow.
I'd also jack your cart off the floor letting your axle drop on it's own and see if the cables bind, especially the left side with the shorter cable.

Good luck

And thanks again for getting me off my butt and finally fixing my cart the right way.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:04 PM   #16
lanestephens
Not Yet Wild

I'm new here, and posted a few minutes ago about my brakes locking up...then found this post. what do you guys mean by the axle wrapping? This sounds like it could be my problem, as my cart is lifted. I'll tell you I didn't have this problem for several years...it just started last year. And, sometimes it doesn't start out locking up, but it starts locking up pretty quickly.
lanestephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:10 PM   #17
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

your axle moves when you hit the brakes the axle moves forwards than back..........if thats the case get the axle in the right position and tighten up the bolts they seem to come loose for some reason.......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:03 AM   #18
Loosewire
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Exactly. When I re-routed mine it made a big difference, but with my new HD springs I notice NO axle-wrap and the related strange braking issues.
Loosewire is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car