lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2010, 09:11 PM   #11
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: How to wire a voltage reducer

We have a very smart wabbit on here.
Welcome rabbitreborn.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2010, 10:40 PM   #12
ATV-RVr
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the input. This was a submerged in fresh water project I came up with. It was an IQ cart...now it is a DS (it would be nice to know how to change the Serial Number) :). So there were no batteries, IQ wiring harness, solenoid and the motor was toast. I took the lights apart and they look good. But all of the light wiring will have to be redone. As far as the voltage reducer, I cleaned up the little jumper block and remounted it. I have the 5/16th lug on the 6pack neg like RabbitReborn stated. I just put the body back on. Still have to redo a seat. And the top and the top supports I was givin aren't from a CC so looks like another trip to the used parts place.
Thanks again for all of the replies...the folks on this forum have taught me soooo much
ATV-RVr
ATV-RVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:43 PM   #13
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i thought it was B- on controller but wasn,t sure its been awhile since i have put one on........its really nice if they give you the block with the reducer makes for a professonal looking job and is very simple to work with............there are holes in most of the frames for the reducer so install is a snap.............................................. ...
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:28 AM   #14
Joew
Not Yet Wild

I currently have this setup but something has gone wrong. i have tried to find the problem, in the mean time i go all confused. is there a chance that you can make a drawing for me of how to wire this up. LOTS OF THANKS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
the voltage reducer you pictured bolts to the frame on the inside of the I-beam behind the battery pack on the driver's side of the car. the single black wire with the 5/16 ring connect goes to the B- post of the controller (or you can run it to the 48v- post of the battery pack, which SHOULD be the negative post of the rear battery on the Driver's side). The "split" stake on connectors are the Ground for your accessories and you can either connect it directly to your accessories or (as the manufacturer does) connect it to a "gang" ground block. You will then tap your positive from the positive post on the front battery on the driver's side of the cart (yes, I know that would normally be 16 volts, but that "reducer" takes 16-18 volts and reduces it to 12.7 volts constant).

I have no idea why Club Car uses this setup, but it does work. As others have already mentioned though, a setup that pulls from ALL 6 batteries is far better for the overall lifespan of your battery pack.
Joew is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car