lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2010, 11:33 AM   #11
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Club car precedent vs ezgo rxv?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
The RXV is the future direction I see golf carts moving in. As for the issues that have been mentioned, let me take them one at a time.

12v batteries.... no offense to anyone from Club Car, but the difference between a Club Car running 12v and an RXV is the load on the batteries. The RXV uses the power so much more efficiently that while it was an issue for a DC setup, the same cannot be said in an AC setup.

Brakes..... Yes, E-Z-GO did go to an electronic brake and yes, there was an issue at first that was the result of an unforseen battery drain caused by accessories on a single battery, however the RXV's rolling off the line now incorporate a DC/DC reducer that draws from the entire pack and this issue no longer applies. Also, the default of the cart is to lock the brakes, but there is a manual override in the event that the brakes become locked due to an error.

The RXV was designed from the ground up to be SUPER efficient, that being said, I personally agree with Doug that I would also fo with the 48v TXT PDS from E-Z-GO. They are simply more comfortable for larger passengers to ride..... Both the RXV and the Precedent are simply too cramped for my tastes......
Very useful post, thanks... I was unaware that E-Z-GO was using an AC system. That changes a lot... What about repair costs? I can only imagine what one of those controllers or motors would cost.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2010, 03:07 PM   #12
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

http://www.shopezgo.com/products/RXV...540.5mph).html

$959.00 for a replacement speed controller (actually less expensive than the 48V controller for the PDS system)

I couldn't locate a price on the motor right now, but I'm confident that the cost of parts is within industry norms.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 05:05 PM   #13
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
http://www.shopezgo.com/products/RXV...540.5mph).html

$959.00 for a replacement speed controller (actually less expensive than the 48V controller for the PDS system)

I couldn't locate a price on the motor right now, but I'm confident that the cost of parts is within industry norms.
Wow. E-Z-GO stuff is outrageously high. Unbelievable. The PDS system is their Regen version right? I want to say our Regen controllers are about 500 bucks... Why is it so expensive? What kind of controllers do they use?
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:33 AM   #14
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I forget who is making the RXV controller (some European company) but the PDS controller is made by Curtis (I think it's the 1268 if I remember correctly).
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car