lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2010, 04:40 PM   #1
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Default Radio questions

Just wanted to get some input on putting a radio in a cart. I'm looking at getting one of those overhead consoles to put a radio and a couple of speakers in. I don't intend to leave the cart out in the rain and weather a lot, as I did my last one, but I'm sure it will happen now and then. Given that the components will be mounted inside a console and the console mounted up under the cart top, how important is it or is it not to use marine grade components? I've pretty much decided on marine grade speakers anyway and have picked out a pair I want. I've also chosen a marine grade am/fm/cd player with an aux in port on it because the source of tunes, the majority of the time, will be an ipod. But I was slumming at the neighborhood WalMart today and found a "no-name" head unit that is not marine grade but, instead of having a CD player, it has a hidden compartment to plug in an ipod or a usb flash drive and it's about 50 bucks cheaper than the marine grade radio I picked out.

Just trying to figure out if I'd be wasting money on it as any exposure to weather will ultimately ruin it or if it should be okay given where and how it will be mounted. It's not the 50 bucks I'm looking at as much as having the ipod/usb feature instead of just plugging a cord into an aux in port. If they had the same features, I'd just go ahead and spend the money for the peace of mind and get the marine grade unit. A marine grade unit that has a real ipod adapter will be even more than the 50 dollar difference and I don't want to put a ridiculous amount of money into it.

Thoughts/experiences?
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car