lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2010, 08:49 AM   #1
Billtco
Not Yet Wild

Question 2004 Electric Motor Grinding Noise

Hi, Guys, New to the forum and this is my first post. The motor makes a grinding noise when running. I took the motor apart and found a loose bolt inside( it didn't belong to the motor) cleaned up the armature, checked and lubed the bearing and sprayed stator and amature with electra-clean. Put it back and it still has the same noise. I know it is in the motor cause it make the noise with the motor off the differential. The cart runs at normal speed and nothing seems to be dragging. The only problem I found was a little rust on the rear bearing, but the bearing spins smooth and free. Any ideas?
Billtco is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2010, 09:22 AM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2004 Electric Motor Grinding Noise

Its funny how spare parts show up in the darndest places, surprising that it didnt get into armatuere and do some real damage, you are very lucky? Sounds like you need to replace the bearing as you had some rust on bearing? Depending on which model axle-motor combo you have bearings are from about $4.00 up How were you able to turn motor off differential as you loose support from differential input shaft? if you turned motor while off I'm sure that armature was rubbing on coils and could have end play causing noise ? Anyway while you have the motor off again ( SORRY ) to replace end bearing do yourself a favor and replace the bumper unit that goes into the spline end of motor and lub it with Club Car grease to keep the shaft from sticking. These bumpers in themselves make a noise when they get dry or worn and that would be my second guess as to your sound? I always replace these when I have motor off just to be on safe side. The bumper is CC part number 102235201 $1.02, and lub is CC number 102243403 $7.92 and is just enough for one application. Some repairmen use regular grease but I have found that I didnt get lubrication enough or too much and ended up with frozen stuck solid motor shaft to differential input shaft, or grease into brush area so I stick with factory lub myself? This should solve your problem.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car