lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2010, 11:17 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Reverse only

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXEROFCARTS View Post
Check the first micro switch on th F/R switch, make sure ut gets activated when it is put in forward.
That's where I was trying to go The problem lies in the lack of solenoid activation in whatever direction it won't go .......
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2010, 04:32 AM   #12
Hat Trick
Getting Wild
Club Car

What is the purpose of the Diode? It touches both large terminals, would not having that on there cause this issue?
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:00 AM   #13
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

HATTRICK- Diode connects across ( 2 small Terminals on solenoid ), Pre Charge Resistor goes across ( 2 Large posts on Solenoid ) Having it there only helps saving contacts in controller from burning up and has nothing to do with your F&R problem.
Have you checked wiring as per my post?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:17 PM   #14
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

Hat trick, quit trying to ask us one thing, then jump to something else, we will steer you in the right direction if you give us the right info. You have reverse but no forward on a Club car...its a easy fix maybe 10 minutes tops if you can answer our questions and not go in a different direction.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:59 PM   #15
Hat Trick
Getting Wild
Club Car

Fellas, I work nights so I was just wanting to get all my questions answered while I was at work and then during my sleep time this morning so when I got up I could try everything. Thanks for the responses. I am going to get it fixed up right now.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:37 PM   #16
Hat Trick
Getting Wild
Club Car

I guess I was wrong, it clicks in both directions, but doesn't go forward. Everything appears wired correctly.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:49 PM   #17
Hat Trick
Getting Wild
Club Car

Where would I place the voltmeter to test the limit switches?
Old 09-26-2010, 03:23 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The limit or micro-switches are simple on/off units you can test for power in and power out or just test for continuity between terminals when on and not when off.... I don't think you have a micro-switch problem as the solenoid is activated in both directions and she runs in reverse...... I think it is now either a cable route issue, a bad F&R, or a controller? What do you guys think?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:00 PM   #19
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Its seems to be either wrong cable connections or F&R control problem? I dont think problem is in controller as its a series cart so reverse isn't inside controller?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:44 PM   #20
Hat Trick
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD MEC View Post
Its seems to be either wrong cable connections or F&R control problem? I dont think problem is in controller as its a series cart so reverse isn't inside controller?
Yep, it was the F/R switch. A buddy and I were scratching our heads for about an hour after checking power with the voltmeter, tracking down all the wires to make sure everything was correct when finally we determined it had to be the F/R switch. He said "get on and press on the accelerator pedal and I'm gonna push on the back of the F/R switch to make sure its getting good contact"...and then it moved forward! Took the F/R switch back off and lubed it with electircal grease and worked it back and forth, scratched the copper plate with a flathead screw driver and it now works like a champ.

I am now done! I just have to put on a couple more accessories and then I'll post the final pics. Just wanted to say you guys are great and I appreciate all the advice and letting me bounce all these questions off you.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car