lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2010, 09:33 AM   #1
jedotx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Shorted comms in motor causing slow cart???

I have posted before about my 2000 CC 48 volt series cart being slow (9MPH flat, really slow on any hill). I had decided to upgrade starting with controler and cables. While surfing on the forum at Plum Quick motors, I found a post describing a slow cart like mine and a rattling noise from the motor at half throttle. Mine also makes a noise at half throttle but I would describe it as a growling noise. On that forum it was suggested that he may have shorted comms in his motor and should have it rebuilt.
Which leads me to my question. Would it make sense to have a stock 3.1HP motor rebuilt and if so what performance improvement could you expect? Has anybody on the forum had a stock motor suped up by Plum Quick and if so how did it turn out?
I have an Alltrax AXE 4844 and 4 gauge cables on order. I was going to wait on upgrading motor but now I'm thinking I may need to, sooner rather than later.
jedotx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-02-2010, 10:17 AM   #2
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Shorted comms in motor causing slow cart???

I would say the commutater is dirty and it probably has a bad bearing in it.Go gor the new motor and be done with it.Plum Quick has a very good reputation.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:23 AM   #3
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Shorted comms in motor causing slow cart???

Plum Quick motors are EXCELLENT. You will be impressed. Their service is also top notch.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car