lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2010, 08:21 PM   #21
chazgolf
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 48 volt battery meter

Thanks once again, I guess I get what I pay for.
chazgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2010, 10:09 PM   #22
contender
Not Yet Wild

IMO this thing is useless to you and you should try to return it for a refund and either buy a real Curtis SOC meter or put in a voltmeter.

What type of voltmeter are you refering to? I am wanting a digital meter to mount on my dash or anything that would work fine. Do you recommend any? Thanks
contender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:34 AM   #23
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by contender View Post
What type of voltmeter are you refering to? I am wanting a digital meter to mount on my dash or anything that would work fine. Do you recommend any? Thanks
Do you want to measure voltage of the cart battery pack or did you want a State of Charge meter?
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:21 AM   #24
contender
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmcp View Post
Do you want to measure voltage of the cart battery pack or did you want a State of Charge meter?
I would like to measure the voltage across the pack. That will give me a better idea of state of charge than a SOC meter. I have a voltage meter but would rather have something permanent rather than stopping and lifting seat to check. Thanks!
Old 11-15-2010, 09:39 AM   #25
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I am using a 2 wire digital voltmeter on my cart for just that purpose. Every one of this type meter I sold or installed has gotten good reviews too. It isn't for everybody, but some people would like to know actual voltage. It is simple enough to know a what voltage you need to recharge at. And you get the added benefit of watching the charger cycle and keeping an eye on the pack under load. I recommend this type meter for all DCS ezgo carts as controller insurance ...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:49 AM   #26
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by contender View Post
I would like to measure the voltage across the pack. That will give me a better idea of state of charge than a SOC meter. I have a voltage meter but would rather have something permanent rather than stopping and lifting seat to check. Thanks!
I agree with ScottyB above, why not contact him and order one from him.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:34 PM   #27
chazgolf
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

ScittyB,
I have benefited from all your input, thank you very much. I just red your pamphlet on breaking in new batteries, I will be replacing mine soon and will follow these instructions.
Thanks again…..Chazgof.
chazgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:12 PM   #28
contender
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I am using a 2 wire digital voltmeter on my cart for just that purpose. Every one of this type meter I sold or installed has gotten good reviews too. It isn't for everybody, but some people would like to know actual voltage. It is simple enough to know a what voltage you need to recharge at. And you get the added benefit of watching the charger cycle and keeping an eye on the pack under load. I recommend this type meter for all DCS ezgo carts as controller insurance ...
Scottyb do you have any pics of this voltmeter and how much would it be to ship to 39567? Is this the only state of charge that you use on your cart or do you have another? I went by a cart dealership today and asked if they carry one and he went on to tell me that's not an accurate way to tell state of charge. I really don't know enough to argue with him but I tried to plead my case and he wasn't buying it! Just by looking at stickies months ago I recall 52 volts are 100% and 48.5 around 50%. Anyway I need an accurate way of seeing my SOC. Thanks!
Old 11-15-2010, 11:35 PM   #29
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Use this state of charge chart from Trojan Battery Company. It's fairly accurate.

I am using a meter that is accuarte to the 1/10 of a volt from 30v to 199 volts. I have tested it downwards of 24v and found it still pretty good. So this should work for any golf cart. My friend in OZ tried to use a 50v max meter and fried it when he went to 48v.... charger shut off is above 58v
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Batterytable1-1.jpg (88.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg digital meter.jpg (9.5 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3917.jpg (66.6 KB, 26 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:27 AM   #30
contender
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Use this state of charge chart from Trojan Battery Company. It's fairly accurate.

I am using a meter that is accuarte to the 1/10 of a volt from 30v to 199 volts. I have tested it downwards of 24v and found it still pretty good. So this should work for any golf cart. My friend in OZ tried to use a 50v max meter and fried it when he went to 48v.... charger shut off is above 58v
Scottyb, where can i get me one of these voltage metrs?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car